View Single Post
Old 03/17/15, 01:16 AM   #138
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another weird one for me because it was another one that was good but seemed like it could have been better.

I liked the whole plot about Zelton having the powers of all the previous mutants.

I also liked the civilian plot with the Troopers helping Chris fix his go kart.

My only problem was the sub plot of JB, and Kaitlin getting trapped in the cave since it existed solely to get JB, and Kaitlin out of Trooper mode in this episode.

And even then I think that's because I thought the stuff with Chris was enough in fact I wish there was more of it.

And because they used Spielban footage anyway for the Battle Cruiser.

I think the simple solution was simply have Chris get kidnapped but instead of blowing up the cave to destroy JB, and Kaitlin they either have another base in it, or it's just where Grimlord is keeping Chris hostage.

I also wish they kept in the part from the Metalder episode where Zelton's counterpart used his gun hand, and also the part where he transforms into Polarbot's counterpart.

Everything else I'm not sure about.

For starters in the Metalder episode this was based on their was a female robot called Lortail who appeared in VR Troopers but was never given a name or officially made a MOTD in Metalder so she wasn't used.

Long story short though in Metalder she had a romance with Zelton's counterpart, and was the reason he could transform into previous robots.

I'm also tempted to wish they had the clip from the Metalder episode they used in Field Goal.

Like maybe they had the fight from the Metalder episode they used in Field Goal for the beginning of the episode and then have the Metalder footage with Zelton, and Lortail's counterpart, and finally the big battle at the end.

Also normally I would complain about Zelton's counterpart's big fight being used in a regular episode but at the same time we're so late in the season that I can accept that this is when they would start killing off the more main villains of the show especially considering we're only 10 more episodes away from when the show stopped using footage from Metalder.

Only 4 more episodes until the Season One finale

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote