Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   On Zordon's Death (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6201)

Agent Z182 12/29/14 07:26 PM

On Zordon's Death

While I did like how emotional Zordon's death was, I still feel it would have been better if it had been someone from the original crew had done it. Just imagine how heartbreaking that scene would be with Jason, Kim, Billy, Zack, Trini or Tommy having to make that sacrifice? I don't think I would have had the strength to keep watching PR after that.

So those are my thoughts. What about you guys? Would you have preferred to have the original team in Andros' place or do you think what we got is just as good? Also do you think they original team could have the guts to actually kill Zordon?

dragonzordpower123 12/29/14 07:27 PM

Re: On Zordon's Death

I've thought a lot about this before, and I've decided I don't care that it wasn't an original team member. I'm more upset that the person who killed him didn't even spend any real time with zordon. I mean sure, it would have meant a lot if it were jason or Tommy. But it would mean just as much if the person to do it had spent a whole season with zordon as his or her actual mentor.

MattEmily 12/29/14 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Z (Post 50576)
While I did like how emotional Zordon's death was, I still feel it would have been better if it had been someone from the original crew had done it. Just imagine how heartbreaking that scene would be with Jason, Kim, Billy, Zack, Trini or Tommy having to make that sacrifice? I don't think I would have had the strength to keep watching PR after that.

So those are my thoughts. What about you guys? Would you have preferred to have the original team in Andros' place or do you think what we got is just as good? Also do you think they original team could have the guts to actually kill Zordon?

you have a point there since it would have been even more of an emotional moment with one of the original Rangers doing the deed but I'm not sure who I could personally see doing such a thing since I really can't see any of them doing it even if it was for the greater good.

MMPR Forever 01/08/15 11:47 PM

Zordon should never have been killed. It was stupid. I could take writing off Zordon but killing him off is going to far. Zordon was the Power Rangers. The Rangers needed him. He was the best Mentor. And the writers killed him off for ratings. This really told me MMPR was never coming back.

Captain Codfish 01/08/15 11:49 PM

I think it was pretty clear MMPR wasn't coming back when they went Zeo. Why would they go backwards. Also once the original cast was gone most ties to the old Rangers were gone. Killing Zordon off probably did nothing for or against ratings. It was just part of the story. His sacrifice was touching and should have resonated with most Ranger fans who followed the show.

Sentai Is Forever 01/08/15 11:51 PM

MMPR ran its course. It was time to start evolving to a more Sentai approach. If they stuck with MMPR PR would have ended when the fad did. The Sentai approach has kept PR going and will continue too. Its why Saban Brands has even embraced Sentai.

VR Master 01/08/15 11:51 PM

Judd Lynn might have something to say about that.

Sailor Chaos 01/08/15 11:54 PM

Zordon needed to die. How else would they have justified wiping out the whole UEA with a duex ex machina ending. Something had to be sacrificed and they weren't killing any of the Rangers or Karone.