Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mentor as Rangers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8966)

Sailor Danger 06/16/20 03:47 PM

Mentor as Rangers

Isn't it overdone. The first few times it was one thing. But it seems too predictable when the Mentor becomes a Ranger later on. I would say the same with the allies. It was cool with Cam but it got to be too much. I miss when Sixth Rangers were mysterious characters who came on later on,

Sailor Chaos 06/16/20 03:49 PM

Re: Mentor as Rangers

It does get to be too formulaic when they do this. The Sixth Rangers also don't feel as special as they did in the old days.

BeastMorpher5 06/16/20 03:51 PM

It depends on the character. It worked well with Doctor Oiver and Dougie Cruger as mentors. For allies it worked great with Cam.

Nate is an ally who became a Ranger. But at least they got creative by adding the Steel Clone.

Cassie Turbo 06/16/20 06:24 PM

It really depends on the season and the characters themselves. Doctor Oliver as a Ranger was perfect. Ji as a Ranger wouldn't have been.

Hunter Blake 06/16/20 07:01 PM

Honestly. I would rather keep the mentor separate. I didn't even like when the new PR movie made Zordon a Ranger ( yes I know its a separate continuity). Allies do get to be a bit much. It was fine when it was Cam, since it was the first time and made sense based on his character arch. But it gets to be too much when it happens too often.

Ranger Eagle 06/16/20 07:05 PM

I didn't mind it, except in Dino Charge when Kendall became a Ranger. Not because I didn't like Kendall...Everyone became a Ranger in DC...It was just too much,

Bridge Boom 06/17/20 11:48 PM

I wish Zordon in the regular PRU was a former Ranger too.

Scorpina Returns 06/21/20 01:18 PM

I don't mind it but it has to make sense.

Haim Saban's Revenge 06/21/20 01:19 PM

I don't see how they could resist making Tommy a Ranger in DinoThunder. AbaBlack was too perfect not to put Tommy in that role.

Tommy Hater 06/21/20 01:28 PM

We would have been much better off with Edward Payne as the mentor and Black Ranger.