Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mutiny Zedd (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8961)

Usagi Reborn 06/14/20 04:32 PM

Mutiny Zedd

He came off like such a badass and was almost scary. Especially during his introduction. Then he married Rita and became a comedy character. I think people always think of the early Lord Zedd when they talk about how badass he was. Is too bad he had such wasted potential.

Inner Senshi 06/14/20 04:34 PM

Re: Mutiny Zedd

I think they didn't want him too scary.

Red With Evil 06/14/20 04:36 PM

Its too bad because its not like you didn't have Squatt and Baboo to be comedy. Plus they made Goldar more of a baffon.

Astronema 06/14/20 04:37 PM

Astronema was the first real serious main villain.

Zeltrax Reborn 06/15/20 02:45 PM

I think Zedd was still a bad ass. He just was played for comedy sometimes.

Turbo Guy 06/15/20 02:46 PM

I like it when the Villlans are comedic. So I liked whacky Zedd better.

MMPR Kimberly 06/15/20 02:56 PM

I hated Zedd from the beginning. I was so disappointed when Mutiny aired because they changed everything. I missed Rita and the old Zords. It really took me out of the show and I didn't come back until the end of season 3 and Zeo.

Blastr Zack 06/15/20 02:59 PM

They seemed to want get nervous and toned him down quickly. That was probably why they brought Rita back to be his wife. Since she was so over the top, it would bring his comedic side out.

PRangerX 06/15/20 03:05 PM

I remember being a little scared when he first appeared in Mutiny. Which is amazing since I was on the older side of the target demo if not out of it already.

I always assumed Zedd acted more funny due to the love potion merging with his lifeforce and not getting his full 100 year sleep. But he did lose some of his edge before that.

Space Seasons 06/15/20 03:07 PM

He lost his edge at the end of Mutiny when he had a Rita like tantrum to losing. Showing he wasn't much better and not as powerful as he thought himself to be.