Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Lightspeed should have been a Space Season (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7735)

Astro Omega 01/26/17 07:01 PM

Lightspeed should have been a Space Season

It was a big mistake not to make Lightspeed a sequel to In Space or Galaxy.

Hailey Hartford 01/26/17 07:01 PM

Re: Lightspeed should have been a Space Season

This I don't agree with. I felt they did an amazing job with as it was.

No Space Spandex 01/26/17 07:26 PM

That would have been a big mistake. I was sick of space themes at that point. Power Rangers needed to go back to Earth. Lightspeed was great the way it was.

fryguy81 01/27/17 02:16 PM

I think making Lost Galaxy a space season was a mistake. Tying it into In Space-ish continuity as a bridge gap was fine but there are times I struggle with the idea of a colony space ship with roads and sky scrapers and zords tearing through the ground... on a space ship.

Lightspeed was fine the way it was.

Hexagon Ranger 01/27/17 06:54 PM

A Space Season would have been cool. But I really like Lightspeed Rescue as it was. I just wish they mentioned that Lightspeed got its powers from Zordon or Tommy. We know Hexagon was probably invovled though.

Space Seasons 01/27/17 07:01 PM

It would have been cool if it would have been about why the Space Rangers had to go back to Earth. Thats what the teaser preview to the season made me think of. Of course the Megaship would have been a second megaship since the original remained with the Galaxy Rangers, before beig destroyed.

Destiny Defeated 01/27/17 11:49 PM

I think it should have taken place on Mirinoi.

Mitchell's Navy 01/27/17 11:53 PM

Lightspeed was fine just the way it was. It was a well produced Power Rangers Season.

I Love Lothor 01/28/17 08:14 AM

They should have made it about a bunch of teens recruited to become Lightspeed Rangers. Do that and make the villains more funny...And then younhave a much better season.

Goldar's Revenge 01/28/17 08:19 AM

Lightspeed was an attempt to slmplify things and go back to a more grounded Power Rangers season. It is actually quite good when you don't worry about it being divorced from continuity. Or at least filling like it, even if it is in the regular PRU.

OO was just a medicore season that never really took advantage of its adventure concept. It slaved to Sentai Footage like most Kalish seasons. It also featured a lot of characters that weee very unlikable due to their poor writing.

And no they intent was not for Overdrive to be a sequel to Lightspeed Rescue or a season done in its spirit.