Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   White Ranger really not that powerful (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8121)

Samurai Gigazord 10/20/17 05:10 PM

White Ranger really not that powerful

He was powerful. I jus mean he isn't as overpowered as a lot of people make him out to be. He just beat some B level monsters a few times.

Kaoskid 10/20/17 09:13 PM

Re: White Ranger really not that powerful

Well, yes. He wasn't. It is stated in universe the Zeo powers dwarf the white powers.

Captain Codfish 10/20/17 09:19 PM

Its really season 2 White Ranger that was over powered. In season 3 Tommy wasn't that much powerful than the others. Even if Falconzord was pretty cool.

Quantum Hunter 10/20/17 09:46 PM

I don't know? It seems like they went too far with Tommy 's White Powers. They were probably over compensating for his power issues as Green. Zeo Red may have been more powerful. But it just didn't feel that way. As Tommy was just part of the team, albeit still an important part.

Summer Is Rich 10/20/17 10:01 PM

It was ridiculous when he singlehandedly destroyed all those fish themed monsters. There is no way one Ranger should be able to defeat a small army of monsters

MattEmily 10/20/17 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 67703)
Its really season 2 White Ranger that was over powered. In season 3 Tommy wasn't that much powerful than the others. Even if Falconzord was pretty cool.

exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Hunter (Post 67711)
I don't know? It seems like they went too far with Tommy 's White Powers. They were probably over compensating for his power issues as Green. Zeo Red may have been more powerful. But it just didn't feel that way. As Tommy was just part of the team, albeit still an important part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich (Post 67717)
It was ridiculous when he singlehandedly destroyed all those fish themed monsters. There is no way one Ranger should be able to defeat a small army of monsters

I don't think they were going too far I mean remember they were trying to make sure Tommy, Kimberly and Billy were able to hold the show on their own so the kids wouldn't notice they were missing half the team plus the kids wanted Tommy back so they decided to give them what they wanted.

I don't agree with the fish monsters since it wasn't Tommy himself who destroyed them it was Saba who had destroyed them.

No Green Spandex 10/21/17 12:00 PM

Tommy as White killed the character. And really overshadowed almost everything in season 2 and 3. He was way over powered. Saba shouldn't have been powerful enough to destroy those monsters. And he was still Tommy's weapon. Look at how he made Goldar into a stooge. He even beat Zedd. Tommy was at his worst as White Ranger. Not that Zeo still didn't suffer because of him.

Power Sentai 10/21/17 05:33 PM

They went overboard sometimes. But there waw other episodes where Tommy still showed vulnerability.

Astronema 10/21/17 05:40 PM

It's funny because usually the early Sixth Rangers were powerful yet had a weakness that held them back. Tommy had his power problem as Green. Zhane had his own power problem and devided his time with the rebels after. Ryan had the cobra problem and had to leave on his quest. Tommy had no problem and just dominated.

Zeo Mega 10/21/17 07:33 PM

I don't think Tommy was over powered. Its just they ran put of ideas for him as White Ranger. He waw at his best as Zeo Red. But I don't tottally dislike any of his runs.