Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6775)

Khan's Wrath 05/31/15 10:28 AM

One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder

Tommy as a Palentologist? It just seems so out of character and out of left field. Last we saw him he was trying to become a rac car driver. Which kinda didn't fit either and if he is such a big palentologist.... What is he doing teaching at a High School?

MattEmily 05/31/15 11:11 AM

Re: One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder

Billy leaving for Aquitar didn't fit either... so we really can't say anything about Tommy's career choice in Dino Thunder.

Sentai Master 05/31/15 11:20 AM

I still say it was all a cover for a Hexagon operation. Tommy didn't have a real doctorate and was just waiting for the right students to get chosen by the Dino Gems.

MMPR Guy 05/31/15 11:22 AM

I always though Tommy would start his own martial arts school. Like JDF actually did.

Mega Mission 05/31/15 11:27 AM

I lke to think that Troy was mentored by Tommy. He taught him martial arts as a kid but Troy didn't know he was a Ranger until the SM Finalie.

Rangermanuel 05/31/15 12:24 PM

Well maybe Tommy changed his mind sometime after he left. The storyline was made up to impress fans who stopped watching the show during the Turbo season.

Captain Codfish 05/31/15 02:20 PM

That's pretty realistic. Plenty of people change their minds when they get older plus we never saw Tommy have much of a career path outside of race car driving. Tommy's time as a Ranger probably inspired him to become a palentology major.

Omega Black 05/31/15 02:45 PM

Tommy doesn't strike me as the type to study Palenthology or earn a doctorate.

Doctor Dana 05/31/15 02:49 PM

He was mainly studying morphology. Palentology was just a related field partly due to the Power Coins and Dino Gems plus he had to know about the Energems.

No Green Spandex 06/01/15 04:55 PM

Yeah it was kinda weird and seemed a little much. I would have rather have seen Edward Payne be in the role. Tommy could have been a guest star if they wanted him back so bad. I don't think it was needed since DinoThunder was at its best in the episodes that didn't focus on Dr. Oliver.