Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Using Super Sentai Footage for VR Troopers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2922)

Timefire 04/09/11 05:09 PM

Re: Using Super Sentai Footage for VR Troopers

sun vulcan seems ideal for a VR Troopers seasons since it had 3 sentai

MattEmily 05/20/14 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 38187)
I came up with an idea for how someone could bring back VR Troopers. Use old Sentai footage from pre Zyuranger as you're source footage. Sure the footage is old and the suits are gone. But its no worse then the problem you had with Metal Hero. And at least you'd have footage of the heroes fighting together.

Using the Sentai Footage would probably mean Saban Brands would have to do this. Since I don't think Saban would want Disney or another company using Super Sentai. Unless Disney worked something out , since they do currently own VR Troopers.

Well as we know Disney doesn't own the series anymore so that wouldn't be a problem but anyway... it'd be an interesting concept but I'd rather Sentai be for Power Rangers and Metal Heroes be for VR Troopers or Beetleborgs... plus there aren't a whole lot of options that you could really pick from Sentai that would even match what the Trooper look should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 38192)
Why Super Sentai since there is a whole lot of Metal Hero shows like the Rescue Hero shows, and Blue Swat that could easily be made into VR Troopers.

Unless they mostly used Battle Grid Mode in which case I would pick either Bioman, and/or Flashman since they look the most like Battle Grid VR Troopers at least the female suits look the most like Kaitlin's.

Very true with Rescue Hero and Blue Swat. I think Bioman COULD pass for Battle Grid suits but it'd be a hard sell. I don't agree with Flashman though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 38197)
Good point about Metal Hero. But wasn't there a reason why they couldn't use other Metal Hero shows before?

I believe there was a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 38199)
Then again I hear some folks say VR Troopers was canceled because of ratings, and because no one was buying the merchandise.

So maybe if those things did better they would have used some other Metal Hero shows.

I don't believe the ratings had anything to do with it. Couldn't tell you in regards to the merchandise sales though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 38209)
I thought I heard that the older shows had a lot of unusable footage. Since there was a lot of unmorphed ( I guess I should say unhensined) footage.

That's what I had heard but how truthful it is... I don't know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 38215)
Still i think most people would sooner imagine Super Sentai being used for Power Rangers not VR Troopers.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digifiend (Post 39944)
Yeah - no female warriors, thus no new powers for Kaitlin.

Yup. The footage that would've been used for season 3 was instead used for Big Bad Beetleborgs.

No female warrior wouldn't be an issue since they could've just done what they did with Power Rangers with Trini, Aisha, Maya, Kelsey and Taylor.

Yup, that's what I had heard in regards to Season 3 of VR Troopers, that they would've been using B-Fighter footage for it which of course was adapted here as Beetleborgs instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timefire (Post 39984)
sun vulcan seems ideal for a VR Troopers seasons since it had 3 sentai

I disagree. Yes, that's true that they have 3 members but Sun Vulcan doesn't look like a Trooper design.

Zabitan 05/20/14 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 46026)
Very true with Rescue Hero and Blue Swat. I think Bioman COULD pass for Battle Grid suits but it'd be a hard sell. I don't agree with Flashman though.

Well for me it's the fact that the suits worn by the female members have designs on them that make it look like they're wearing leotards/one piece swimsuits the way it looks like Kaitlin does when she's in Battle Grid mode.

Now that I think about it Bioman and Flashman both have the same color scheme so you could kitbash the suits to have Flashman's body suits, and Bioman's helmets.

MattEmily 05/20/14 12:43 PM

very true, you do have a point there with doing a Plague Patrol or an Incisorator to them. See if you get their reference, lol.

Zabitan 05/20/14 12:44 PM

I do.

MattEmily 05/20/14 12:47 PM

I was hoping you wouldn't, LOL.