Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Time Force evil? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7610)

Super Cena 12/02/16 09:55 PM

Was Time Force evil?

Was Time Force evil like Ransik made it seem to Wes?

Ranger Master 12/03/16 08:11 AM

Re: Was Time Force evil?

Time Force was a facist organization that ultimately created the mutants themselves by there genetic experiments. They then preceeded to persecute them and lead a lot to a life of crime. Even ones that were innocent got arrested.

Lightspeed Zeo 12/03/16 12:08 PM

I don't buy it. Most of the mutants the Rangers presued were ruthless criminals. Time Force was.trying to protect its citizens and preserve the timeline when anyone tried to mess with it. Ransik himself did horrible things before his change of heart. There was diffinitly prejudice in the 30th century but no society is perfect. Time Force was not a currupt body.

MattEmily 12/03/16 05:31 PM

no I don't believe Time Force was evil they were just following procedure. Yes it's possible some people treated mutants bad as we saw with Notacon but he still stole so he was considered a criminal he just wasn't as bad of a mutant as most of them were.

We already knew how evil Ransik was just for the simple fact that he stole from Dr. Ferricks, destroyed his lab and had nearly murdered Ferricks even though Ferricks was just trying to help him so all Ransik wanted was power I don't believe he was completely telling the truth with the story that he told to Wes.

KimandTommy 12/03/16 06:48 PM

Ransik was evil, not Time Force. I think Ransik was too dark and scary for Power Rangers.

Inner Senshi 12/03/16 06:50 PM

They really should think before they put bad guys on there that can scare the kids. I don't think Time Force was evil. The Power Rangers are always the good guys.

Zeo Power 12/03/16 07:13 PM

I didn't find Time Force or their Rangers to be very likeable. The only likeable one was Wes and he wasn't even official.

Goldar's Revenge 12/03/16 07:17 PM

This is one of the most disappointing dropped plots in Time Force. They set up the interestinf idea of Time Force being corrupt or part of the problem...Only to drop it due to trying to be Timeranger.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 12/03/16 07:20 PM

Time Force is very much like Zordon. They believe what they are doing is for the greater good but are willing to do anything to complete there agenda. Time Force's mutant assualt was really a way of covering up that they were the ones responsible for the genetic mutations.

Time Force Traitor 12/03/16 11:34 PM

I don't really think they were. I mean nothing we saw really demonstrated that. The mutants they captured were all criminals. Ransik did horrible things and brought a lot of his problems on himself. If he would have trusted Ferrik's, his life would have been better.

Lightspeed Zeo 12/03/16 11:37 PM

I think it was more they were stuck up. But everyone in the future was free. Only the criminals were arrested and frozen.

Jen's Revenge 12/03/16 11:41 PM

I think they were pretty tyrannical. And the bottom line is that they played with nature when they genetically modified their young. Mutants turned to crime due to prejudice and the oppression they faced. This was all because of Time Force. They also trained the officers to be cold and uncaring. Thankfully Wes helped his friends overcome that. And even taught Alex to loosen up. I think Time Force went through a lot of reforms once the Rangers returned.

Captain Codfish 12/03/16 11:49 PM

I think the Rangers time in the past definitely made them better people. When they returned to the future a lot of reforms were made to Time Force. We saw it in the team up Notice how mutants were put in prision instead of being frozen? There were also programs to get mutants back in society like Time Force did with Nadiera.

Rita's Pita 12/05/16 12:33 AM

They weren't evil but they weren't very likeable either.

Galaxy Forever 12/05/16 11:34 AM

I thought Time Force was very likeable. They even let honest mutants become cops. Its just Stellix turned out to be a traitor. And seemed to do it for money and not anything to do with mutant civil rights.

Destiny Defeated 12/05/16 11:41 AM

I wouldn't say they were evil. They just had flaws like any society. There was diffinitly mutant prejudice in the future. But I don't think Time Force tried to promote it. Could there have been racisit officers? Sure....But I do think Time Force was legimately trying to keep the peace. Plenty of wrongs were done by some mutants too. Which Ransik realized. Alex is a good representive of Time Force. Since he had a flawed idea of how the Rangers needed to handle the mission. Yet was able to learn from Wes that there were other ways. As well as that niether he nor Time Force had all the answers.

One major mistake Time Force did make was the genetic experiments. They played with mother nature and have to take full responsibilities for the consequences. This led to mutant prejudice and some of them becoming the very thing Time Force had to fight to protect Millennium City from. So Time Force definitely deserves flak for doing that. But I can't say they had bad intentions or are an evil organization for it.

No Green Spandex 12/05/16 11:44 AM

Maybe its more that the genetic experiments caused mankind to lose something. It lost the ability to deviate from the norm and make decisions on the fly. And became less cabable of empathy in the process. Meeting Wes helped the Time Force Rangers ( and later Alex) to reclaim some of that. And I think their future will be better for that.

Quasar Saber 12/06/16 12:44 PM

Time Force is the perfect Zordonesque society. Even more so than SPD brought on. It would be interesting to see the state of the rest of the univierse. But I would guess that it was similar. Its not a society I would have wanted to llive in as it was without much freedom. And full of a lot of oppression for anything that felt like a threat. Even if it was actually harmless or good intentioned.

Doomsday 12/06/16 12:46 PM

Definitely a George Orwellian society..

Ninja Storm Fan 12/06/16 12:49 PM

To be honest. Time Force feels like it is full of pompous excuse my french jerks. They are not likeable at all. Niether were the Rangers. Even Wes couldn't save them. Especially since he wasn't quite so fun after the furst few episodes himself.

MattEmily 12/07/16 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 60861)
I think the Rangers time in the past definitely made them better people. When they returned to the future a lot of reforms were made to Time Force. We saw it in the team up Notice how mutants were put in prision instead of being frozen? There were also programs to get mutants back in society like Time Force did with Nadiera.

I don't necessary agree with your comment on them changing how they imprison their mutant criminals I think they still freeze them they just made an exception with Nadira and Ransik due to what had transpired with them. Nadira turned good because of her delivering a baby and her turning good eventually lead to Ransik realizing the truth and surrendering.