Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   New MMPR TV Pilot? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6050)

nightmere11 12/11/14 07:37 PM

New MMPR TV Pilot?

With Katee Sackhoff as the Pink Ranger and James Van Der Beek playing a role.

Found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/powerranger...ut_top_secret/

All originating from HorrorDomain.com:

Quote:
HorrorDomain Exclusive News! We bring you the very first announcement of the new MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS television show which is currently in the works! In what has been a very HUSH HUSH project up until this point, our source reports that the pilot episode has indeed already been filmed. As a matter of fact we have the actual SCREEN USED, battle damaged suits (see below) from that pilot episode which are currently up for Auction!

We also have learned that this new SABAN/DISNEY series is set to be a half hour show and will star Katee Sackoff (Starbuck from BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA, RIDDICK) who will presumably play the Pink Ranger as well as James Van Der Beek (Dawson from DAWSON'S CREEK).

This particular version of the POWER RANGERS looks to bring more action/adventure and will display a much more adult oriented approach as the story will take place twenty years later. No longer teenagers, the Rangers have been shut down by the government, and are now on the run.

We have the actual SCREEN USED, Battle Damaged Power Ranger suits from this upcoming Television show in our current Auction. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.

Soulspice 12/11/14 07:42 PM

Re: New MMPR TV Pilot?

Well, the actress posted in august 4 clues to a secret project...

https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/st...656768/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/st...837440/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/st...909249/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/st...313344/photo/1

johnboy34 12/11/14 07:43 PM

Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

That picture that Sackhoff posted: it's the suit from the auction. Look above the right thigh of the full body shot from the auction and compare it to her extreme closeup: Same burn, same separation of colors.

Sweet mother of fuck, this could actually be real. Every ounce of common sense I have is telling me that it isn't, but...

Toast 12/11/14 07:46 PM

I'd be willing to bet this was a moderately budgeted, but technically 'fan made' one-shot or web series by an entertainment company with internet presence such as Funny Or Die, College Humour or evem someone like Batinthesun.

Dr. Who 07 12/11/14 08:12 PM

katee is doing the new season of longmire
van der beek is a regular in the new CSI

this might might MIGHT be some funny or die short or something
but i seriously doubt they are gonna work full time on two shows

disney+saban um where's nick?

an adult action adventure show that's only 30 minutes?

why does pinks suit look so much different from red?

& what the heck does a website all about horror have to do with any of this?

CheckeredRanger 12/11/14 08:17 PM

I have no doubt it`s fake.This is something that nobody would take seriously and could potentially kill the franchise entirely.

Although if it were true,I would be up for James VanDerBeek having a role in it if for no other reason than the chance we could see him do this..

johnboy34 12/11/14 08:20 PM

Whatever this is, it was shot four months ago. That's when Sackhoff tweeted the closeup of the suit and of her getting the plaster mold made of her head. How far in advance does Funny or Die shoot their skits?

rmssw 12/11/14 08:23 PM

Lets assume for a moment that the press release is 100% accurate. It still leaves so many questions with answers that don't make sense.

Why the hell would Disney be involved? They had no interest in the show when THEY owned it. Even if it was just for distribution like the deal with Nick, none of their channels would have any place for an adult Power Rangers. And speaking of Nick, I can't imagine their deal with Saban doesn't include some kind of exclusivity clause giving Nickelodeon the right to be the ONLY network that airs PR property.

Why would Saban make a show geared toward older fans when that's essentially the point of the movie currently starting production? They're competing with themselves. Never mind the fact that any negative reaction this project receives would only mar the public perception of the movie.

Even ignoring the Disney aspect, it's hard to imagine any network wanting to touch this. It's way too risky.

It's easy to pass this off as fake. Those pictures from Sackhoff are hard to ignore though. It would be way too coincidental. Hopefully if this is SOMETHING, more info will come soon.

It would be interesting if they intend this to be some kind of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.-style companion series to the movie universe. I really can't see Saban Brands being that ambitious though. Nor, again, can I see any network wanting to touch this thing.

JNTA123450 12/11/14 08:26 PM

There's apart of me kind of wishes this was true but even if it was, we need to cool with the Mighty Morphin. I believe that this is bull crap like everyone else. I mean they would to see the movie do well if they did something like this.

AkaRanger 12/11/14 08:27 PM

I know back in an IGN interview that Orci said that the film would have a continuity "within the world", so I'm unsure of whether it could tie in without using some sort of split universe theory to keep the Mighty Morphin powers. But then again, anything could happen. As has been said before in this thread though, the stuff with Sackoff seems to match up. Whether it has been picked up or not is something else though.
AkaRanger is online now Report Post