Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   We need an adult Power Rangers series (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9044)

Horror Ranger 08/11/20 10:02 PM

We need an adult Power Rangers series

With streaming this is doable. They should get the producers of Power/Rangers to continue their story.

Miki1988 08/12/20 07:29 AM

Re: We need an adult Power Rangers series

Which ones? The Saban Entertainment, Disney, Neo-Saban or the Hasbro ones?

Personally, I'd like to see a whole new team of producers/writers look closely what came in the past and try to create an adult PR story from it without worrying about the whole "story-must-be-in-continuity" thing. Just use what came before as the foundatuion, get creative and create something new and unseen out of it. Maybe use cast members from various seasons to play some recurring/guest new characters with a completely young new main cast taking on the thorch.

PRangerX 08/12/20 12:31 PM

I'd like to see a continuation of Saban's Power Rangers (2017 movie) on a streaming platform. Most likely with a new cast to be realistic. Its not likely to happen. But streaming does open up new possibilities.

Zabitan 08/12/20 01:50 PM

[sarcasm] I want a Power Rangers series were all the Rangers have OCD, Asperger's, and Tourette's, and they go around saying weird shit like Ultraman, and Burt Lancaster just to say it.

And the bad guys are people the Rangers annoyed until they called the Rangers fermented pieces of shit on national television[/sarcasm]

Seriously though I can understand something like Space or the 2017 movie but anything else just feels like it's more of the same "I'm over 12, and still like Power Rangers but I don't want people to think I'm a loser so Power Rangers has to get darker, and deeper" mentality.

Captain Codfish 08/13/20 08:36 AM

I think it could work but not in the same vein as the Power/Rangers short. That was more of a dark and grim parody of Power Rangers. The adult Power Rangers series wouldn't be dark and grim.

Inner Senshi 08/13/20 08:37 AM

I think its silky to want to turn a kids show into a dark and gritty show.

Piccolo Diamond 08/14/20 08:53 AM

This idea that the show has to be dark and mature makes no sense to me. I think its more the fans want to justify why they watch a show aimed at children. Just in embrace the fact you like the show for what it is.

Goldar's Revenge 08/15/20 03:57 PM

The Power/Rangers nonsense is the last thing they should adapt.

Ranger Black 08/16/20 06:48 PM

I think a toned down Power/Rangers would work.

Lord Drakkon 08/16/20 06:49 PM

They should do a show about the coinless universe.