Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   any one know (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2091)

jpwagner5 11/23/06 11:06 PM

how long does it normally take to download a torrent?

PRangerX 11/23/06 11:38 PM

It depends on the size of the file and your connection. A torrent is just a file that you use to dl a pr episode. Bittorent is a file sharing program, it makes it easier for webmasters to put episodes for download, without using a lot of bandwieth. Once you have it installed you usually just have to download the file and bittorent will start the download. Once the download is complete the program will start seeding. Which is basically just uploading the file , it makes it easier for others to download. You don't have to seed, but it is considered piolite.

jpwagner5 11/23/06 11:42 PM

ok im using bit torrent do you know anyway to help along the process? and what do you mean by seeding it? ok this is getting stupid it says its gonna take 3 days to finish. what the hell is up wit that!

PRangerX 11/24/06 01:50 AM

There really is nothing you can do to speed it up. Once the dl is compelete you just leave the program on, it will seed automatically ( you don't have to but it is considered a nice thing to do). Sometimes it says a time frame but doesnt take as long. Its also possible you choose to download a really big file and it is taking a long time. It also has to do with how many people are seeding or have seeded. I have had some torrents take me a half an our and others more than a day ( usually for hour long shows ). Your best best is to download episodes from the orginal site I gave you. Even if they aren't all there, there is still a lot. Plus waiting an hour to dl another episode is not that long. There really isn't a place where you can just download pr eps straight up without any type of software. At least not every episode. No one has the resource to do striaght direct downloads. The closest thing I have seen is that site. There is a PR mirc channel, but I am tottally confused about how to use it. So I can't explain it, since I would be just as confused as you.

I am sorry I am not being of more help, its just hard for me to explain some of this stuff via text. Plus like I said, there is not one site with all the episodes without, some sort of software.

jpwagner5 11/24/06 12:05 PM

ok thnxs to the people who helped. im probably gonna download it sometime today. thnxs again.

jpwagner5 11/24/06 03:17 PM

what does seeded mean?

jpwagner5 11/24/06 11:06 PM

wow ur a dick. do you do this to every person you meet?
will anyone else besides this dudder tell me?

PRangerX 11/26/06 12:50 AM

Seeding happens after the download is over. It automatically starts uploading the file you downloaded back to the file sharing network. It isn't that important.

jpwagner5 11/26/06 06:08 PM

ok so im done downloading the whole file and now i got too watching the episodes and i get sound but no picture just that swirl thing that goes while ur listening to music. help is NEEDED.

PRangerX 11/26/06 08:37 PM

Sounds like a codec's problem to me. I'll try to help later.