Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   VR Troopers and Mecha (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=3460)

PRangerX 04/14/11 06:48 PM

VR Troopers and Mecha

Back in the day, I used to wish VR Troopers had Zords like the Power Rangers. The Skybase was cool, but it would have been nice if the VR Troopers had mecha of their own. I think it would have made the show more exciting and marketable. I would have rather have had them not use the Mecha every episode though. To try to be different from Power Rangers.

Zabitan 04/14/11 08:18 PM

Re: VR Troopers and Mecha

yeah that would have been cool to see them have individual mecha in fact that was one idea I had when I was trying to think of things to add to VR Troopers.

I used to think that's what the different modes of the VR Battle Cruiser were until I found out they were all just one vehicle.

Digifiend 04/16/11 04:32 PM

JB and Kaitlin had to share, but Ryan did have his own mecha. In fact his season 2 one was a transforming robo.

Timefire 04/16/11 05:31 PM

Yeahm that was what I was thinking, Ryan had one in season 2. Although I agree I also wished to see the Skybase tranforming

Zabitan 04/16/11 05:37 PM

I thought it did transform into the Troopertron or maybe that was just in Spielban

Timefire 04/17/11 05:59 AM

I think we never saw this in VR

Kamen Rider Decade 04/17/11 11:51 AM

Mecha suck anymore. Form fight maybe for two seconds and boom finisher. Sometimes they don't even bother to fight in the robo just go straight to the finisher. Waste of time and money to even bother with the mecha.

PRangerX 04/17/11 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade (Post 40035)
Mecha suck anymore. Form fight maybe for two seconds and boom finisher. Sometimes they don't even bother to fight in the robo just go straight to the finisher. Waste of time and money to even bother with the mecha.

It can get formulaic. Thats why I suggested that any new VR Troopers shouldn't use mecha every episode like PR. I also agree that the current mecha isn't as good as the old ones.

Timefire 04/17/11 06:25 PM

Yeah. I hate the samurai zords and the gokaiger one is boring too. I watched jetman last summer and that was what I want to see from mecha. Why they keep on ruining it?

PRangerX 04/17/11 08:46 PM

One of the problems I have is the amount of zords they have. There is just so much mecha every year now and not enough of them stand out. The MMPR Zords we're special and stood out more. There wasn't so many zords. So they we're easier to remember.