Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Would Power Rangers have been the same if it started with Jetman? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7798)

Jet Ranger 03/14/17 11:25 AM

Would Power Rangers have been the same if it started with Jetman?

Do you think it would have been as popular?

Decepticon 03/14/17 11:29 AM

Re: Would Power Rangers have been the same if it started with Jetman?

I don't think so. The dinosaur concept of Zyuranger really helped make MMPR appealing to the children.

MattEmily 03/14/17 11:48 AM

definitely not I think the whole thing with Zyuranger having dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movie coming out prior to the show's release was just basically kind of the perfect storm for the show to succeed without even needing to do much of anything else at first.

Inner Senshi 03/14/17 12:56 PM

I don't think it would be any different. Every season is good in its own way. They would have used the Zyuranger footage the very next year.

A Gia To Remember 03/14/17 12:57 PM

I can't picture Power Rangers without the MMPR we had.

Space Crazy 03/14/17 01:17 PM

It would have worked if they turned Jetman into an space season. PR would have been even more popular. Especially long term since every season would have been a space season going forward from season 1.

Bandora's Ghost 03/14/17 01:28 PM

Its more likely that MMPR or whatever they would have called it would have been a borderline successful series. But with the long term potential Saban and Loesh saw in it, I think we would have had a reboot starting with Zyuranger. Which would have been successful. Just looking at Zyuranger, it would have been easy for them to see it as a better series to adapt. Its probably why they picked it over Jetman in real life.

Todd Oliver 03/14/17 09:54 PM

There would have been no Tommy. Which was a key part of MMPR's success. I don't think it would have worked.

Knights of Ren 03/15/17 12:01 PM

I think they started with Zyuranger on purpose. It was really the perfect Sentai to start with.

PRangerX 03/15/17 06:17 PM

Joe Rovang wrote a fan fic some years back trying to realistically adapt Jetman into a PR season. He did this in script form trying to properly use the source footage. It was an interesting idea.