Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Beasts Unleashed Episode Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8803)

MattEmily 02/26/19 11:25 PM

Beasts Unleashed Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for this Saturday's premiere episode of Power Rangers Beast Morphers.

All visitors please keep in mind that Power Rangers has a new time slot at 8 AM Eastern Time instead of the standard noon Eastern.

MattEmily 03/02/19 10:50 AM

Re: Beasts Unleashed Episode Discussion

That was a great episode.

Don't like Blaze.

Not a fan of the Mayor but I did like his references to Rita, Sledge and Galvanax.

I did like how Blaze, Roxy and Ravi were the chosen subjects but that's when Evox corrupts the grid and creates new Blaze and Roxy avatars so that they would work for him but Ravi's corruption got interrupted which explains how he got out of harm's way.

I did like how Zoey and Devon are both willing to help the team out due to Blaze and Roxy being out of commission for the time being.

The writing was awesome for this ep.

mbozzo 03/02/19 08:29 PM

I like the episode. I like the mention of past Power Rangers villains. Could the boss villain be a disguised past villain from a past season? Only a future episode could tell us that. ;)

MattEmily 03/05/19 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbozzo (Post 76598)
Could the boss villain be a disguised past villain from a past season? Only a future episode could tell us that. ;)

Don't know who but probably not. There aren't many villains out there that have questionable fates besides Lokar, Baboo, Scorpina, Master Vile, Rito, Incisorator, Prince Gasket, Princess Archerina, Prince Sprocket, Klank, Orbus, Mama D, Porto, Impostra, Toxica, Jindrax, Sharkjaw and Octoroo.

Massive Ego 03/06/19 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 76602)
The writing was awesome for this ep.

I can't believe I am going to say this...But I agree! The episode was amazing!. After years of terrible Power Rangers I have finally seen a good episode again. Not counting the movie , I haven't felt this optimistic about a Power Rangers season since the beginning of RPM.

The writing was just amazing. And it wasn't dumbed down the way things have been since Disney bought the show. This felt almost like a Saban Era show. The stakes felt real and I actually like the new charscters.

I do wish Blaze and Roxy were corrupted for real instead of being Avatars. But its still good enough. And there are real consequences since the real Blaze and Roxy are in a coma until they can defeat the Avatars.

I could have done without the Bulk and Skull wannabees. But after those two dweebs in Ninja Steel, I can take these new guys. Just as long as the rest of the show is like it is.

Captain Codfish 03/06/19 09:19 PM

It was pretty smart how they connected it with the whole series and still allowed for it to be standalone. It was cool watching the Mayor reference some classic villians. It really makes the universe feel bigger .

It was clever how they set up the future rivalery between Avatar Blaze and Devon by the beginning Karate scene.

Power Rangers Forever 03/06/19 09:19 PM

I apreciate how a lot of this episode is original. It really shows Hasbro is going all out.

Massive Ego 03/06/19 09:19 PM

I told you guys Hasbro wasn't gonna be cheap like Saban and Disney.

Time Force Traitor 03/06/19 09:19 PM

I kind of got a Mr Collins/Wes vibe from the Mayor and Devon. The mayor being less rich and obnoxious of course. Its a shame Devon can't let his fsther know he is a Ranger. I like that the Karate scene showed that Devon knew how to fight.

Yellow Fan Forever 03/06/19 09:19 PM

And it seems Zoey took Karate too lol. I really love her humble beginnings and I feel she will be a great Yellow Ranger.