Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Arrow Storyline (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8706)

Zord Commander 06/03/18 10:46 AM

The Arrow Storyline

Does anyones else feel like Tommy's arrow storyline in Zeo was a big waste and a let down? When Tommy got his half of the arrowhead, it felt like a big deal. Zeo spent several episodes on it, which culminated in Tommy finding out about his secret brother. The Arrowhead leads to a monster of the day and is never mentioned again. David also fails to really be a factor in the season and makes one more guest appearance to be a Gold Ranger Red Herring. What wA the point of it all?

PRangerX 06/03/18 10:49 AM

Re: The Arrow Storyline

I thought David was going to be the Gold Ranger and the Arrowhead was going to be the key to this. I thought this during the summer hatius after the cliffhanger where David and the Arrowhead are captured..I got the idea when I started seeing Gold Ranger Action Figures. Tommy's brother as a Ranger seemed to make sense. of course I was wrong. The storyline never really did have a good payoff. But I am glad we wound up with Jason as the full time Gold Ranger.

DanaMitchell095 06/03/18 10:50 AM

I think they just wanted to have Eric Frank guest star on the show and this is the storyline they came up with.

Captain Mutiny 06/03/18 10:51 AM

For all we know the Arrowhead was supposed to have an entirely different end point. And plans changes. like they usualoy do with PR. Particularly in those early seasons.

Gold Ranger In Danger 06/03/18 10:54 AM

I don't think just introducing a character as someone's brother and making them a Ranger wouldn't work. Not without other things to make the character interesting. We didn't get to see enough of the David character to tell.

MMPR Forever 06/03/18 10:55 AM

The writers for MMPR would have handled this storyline differently. And would have done a much better job.

Forever Jason 06/03/18 10:56 AM

Wasn't the writing staff for MMPR Season 3 and Zeo largely the same? Sloan was the story editor for both seasons.

Zeo Power 06/03/18 11:01 AM

I think it was a great storyline. It wasn't about new Rangers or any big reveals that had lasting implications. It waa about Tommy's character struggles at the time.

No Green Spandex 06/03/18 11:02 AM

A convoluted storyline involving Tkmny as the centerpoint? Never!

Captain Codfish 06/04/18 01:07 PM

It started out as a storyline that semed to mean a lot but really didn't mean much in the long run.