Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't they just bring back the old Rangers in the movie? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7685)

MMPR Supreme 01/05/17 12:09 PM

Why didn't they just bring back the old Rangers in the movie?

Instead of doing a reboot wouldn't it have been better to do a reunion with the original cast? Even if you have to use Karen Ashley instead Thuy Trang.

MMPR Forever 01/05/17 05:05 PM

Re: Why didn't they just bring back the old Rangers in the movie?

Thats what I have been saying . They could have done a great movie that was just like the original series. The only one that really matters. It would be much better than starting over and doing something not true to MMPR.

Sailor Moon Ranger 01/05/17 10:25 PM

They probably want to start fresh. I am not sure if its a good idea either. I would rather a reunion movie.

Rangerlord 01/06/17 12:28 PM

I would rather something in continuity that deals with their kids or something. Doctor Who kept everything in continuity. Why can't Power Rangers?

Sentai Is Forever 01/06/17 12:30 PM

I don't care about continuty. I want something closer to Zyuranger. Which we don't seem to be getting.

Goldar's Revenge 01/06/17 12:34 PM

Its not continuity that is the problem. A reboot is fine but you need to still have the essence of Power Rangers in there. And it doesn't seem that is happening from what we have seen. Expecting it to be like old MMPR is not realistic. But it still should be Power Rangers at its core.

Pink Alien Ranger 01/06/17 11:47 PM

That would have been nice. But I am willing to give this movie a chance. Its hard to go back and continue something from so long ago. Plus they have the series to continue continuity. A separate movie franchise isn't a bad thing.

Captain Codfish 01/07/17 07:56 AM

There trying to start a film franchise that apeals to a wider audience. Its better to reboot based on the old series than to do something muddled in continuity. Eslexiall since this is a pg 13 movie. The TV show canon is best left for the TV Show.

VR Master 01/07/17 07:59 AM

I don't think its very realistic for them to do an adult film franchise that sees a reunion of the original cast. It doesn't make sense to start a film franchise with older characters. And like has been said, would be hard for the new viewers..This type of thing works better in the tv show.

Massive Ego 01/07/17 08:00 AM

I love that the new movie seems to reimagine MMPR as darker and more mature. Its a welcome change from the decade of suck the show has had. The movie franchise gives me something to actually look forward too.