Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Nickstic Force (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6298)

Lord Leo 01/16/15 10:29 PM

Nickstic Force

Anyone find it wierd that Nick got so much screen time in Mystic Force. They tried to make the whole season about him. And could barely give Madison a storyline. Nick is supposed to be this chosen one yet really doesn't do much to save the world on his own.

While I really have mentioned Leo and Carter as Rangers that hog the spotlight, I think I have to add Nick to the list. It was really forced how they made him the star of the show. He didn't really fit as Udonna's son anyway.

The Ghost Ranger 01/20/15 03:42 AM

Re: Nickstic Force

I respectfully disagree with Leo and Carter; Everyone in LG got a focus episode of some sort, and it put quite a bit of emphasis on the pink rangers towards the end. LR gave Dana quite a few focus episodes, and Joel got a lot of scenes as well when trying to flirt. I wish Chad had gotten some more focus, but thats me.

I will however, agree 100% with Nick.

PRangerX 01/20/15 02:36 PM

I remember a lot of people thinking this way about Leo and Carter at the PRC Message Board back in the day. I don't think its as strong of a sentiment today. The Nick stuff is diffinitly a major complain lt about Mystic Force.

I never had anything against Leo and thought Carter was fine. Sure PR can focus on the Reds a lot as a symptom of Sentai. But like Ghost has said, plenty of the other Rangers had focus. Carter didn't get as much focus as Leo did.

The problem with Nick is that they never really paid off the light storyline. Like Leo has said. I actually don't mind Nick as much. The main problems with Mystic Force came in the final 10 episodes. I thought the middle 10 were the most exciting.

Sailor Danger 01/20/15 06:05 PM

I really liked Nick. I thought it was cool that he was the light. He felt like a Luke Skywalker to me. The only Ranger that got poor characterization was Madison. Nick was a true hero and the star of Mystic Force.

The Ghost Ranger 01/21/15 03:08 AM

^ But would a true hero give up when the chips are down? Thats another thing I disliked; he gave up way too easily constantly

Sailor Danger 01/21/15 08:04 AM

He gave up when things got bad. But his friends helped him to regain his confidence. He did the right thing in the end. That was just to make the stakes look bleak for the heroes before they made their come back. Also it gave more for the other Rangers to do.

Sailor Chaos 01/21/15 12:16 PM

I'm with Ghost Ranger. Nick did dominate the season. And given up at the end was pretty weak on his part. It took the whole team to beat the Master anyway.

Usagi Reborn 01/24/15 07:31 PM

Mystic Force just sucked! It didn't have the heart that SPD had because Gregg left. Kalish didn't really know what made up the heart of PR. The show started out with promise. But they never really gave us enough of the magic world and ended up becoming to Sentai centric in the last half. The Rangers weren't very interesting.

Particlulary Nick who was constantly wining. It was hard to see how he was destined to save everyone, since he couldn't even save himself. Udonna fell off a cliff once Nick was revealed to be Bowen. She suddenly became this annoying mother figure. And don't even get me started on the lack of chemistry between Nick and Leanbow. Or the fact that the angry father/son dynamic has been done to death. But Sentai did it, so lets just have PR do it.....I hate when they think like that?

Oh and the theme,....The Opening Theme.....Horible! Just Horrible!. Power Pop Rap is crap the way they did it. Of course they "topped" themselves with the OO Theme, which was even worse. Don't even know what that was supposed to be. Ends Rant!

Inner Senshi 01/24/15 07:34 PM

Hey don't say mean words about Mystic Force! It was an awesome serious. Nick was the light and it was his destiny to save everyone. So what if he wasn't perfect. Thats why he had his friends and his mom to guide him.

I think Udonna was a great mom. Especially given all the emotions she had to deal with. She lost Leanbow and got him back, only to lose him again just as she found out Nick was Bowen. Its amazing she was able to do what she did.

Only think I agree with , is the theme. Actually thought it was worse than OO.

Usagi Reborn 01/25/15 01:31 PM

Well I didn't like it. Nothing personal.