Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Widescreen? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=1212)

Kamen Rider Decade 08/14/06 04:44 PM

From Rangerwiki.com: Operation Overdrive may possibly be the first season of Power Rangers to be filmed in widescreen, since its source material is set up that way, and a reduction to the standard 4:3 television aspect ratio would certainly hurt the footage. It’s currently unknown whether this will actually occur, though.

Ryu Dairenjaa 08/14/06 06:27 PM

Well if I'm not mistaken Boukenjaa is Wide-Screen too

Kamen Rider Decade 08/14/06 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rider_Leangle@Aug 14 2006, 06:27 PM
Well if I'm not mistaken Boukenjaa is Wide-Screen too
What I quoted from Rangerwiki said the source material for Operation Overdrive is set up that way. Next years source material is this years Sentai.

It's Boukenger not Boukenjaa, get it right bitch.

Ryu Dairenjaa 08/14/06 09:22 PM

Well its Wide Screen so Boukensha footage would match up

Kamen Rider Decade 08/14/06 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rider_Leangle@Aug 14 2006, 09:22 PM
Well its Wide Screen so Boukensha footage would match up
Is it so hard to spell the name correctly?

Ryu Dairenjaa 08/15/06 11:45 AM

I'm trying to do the Acurate Japanese Spelling, but Power Rangers Operation Overdrive is wide screen to match up footage

Kamen Rider Decade 08/15/06 12:09 PM

Bukenger is accurate.

Official Toei website says: http://www.toei-group.co.jp/tv/boukenger

As for Operation Overlystupid it doesn't have to be widescreen. Stack says this: "It really depends on the NZ crew. This isn't a typical Californian set-up, they might not have the funds to upgrade all camera equipment to shoot in HD. Fact of the matter is, PR used Sentai for years with the jarring conflict that was video vs film. This would be no different. Bouk isn't shot in scope, some slight pan and scanning could easily work." Knowing Kalish and his explosion fetish which costs a lot of money and makes the show go over budget (which is why MF is only 32) we shouldn't expect to see widescreen PROO.

Ryu Dairenjaa 08/15/06 07:00 PM

We'd probly get not alot of episodes and get wide-screen to match up footage,

And if you Translate the symbols, They go back to Jaa, As there is no er in the Japanese Language, So it is infact, Boukenjaa

Kamen Rider Decade 08/15/06 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rider_Leangle@Aug 15 2006, 07:00 PM
We'd probly get not alot of episodes and get wide-screen to match up footage,

And if you Translate the symbols, They go back to Jaa, As there is no er in the Japanese Language, So it is infact, Boukenjaa

Toei is the company making the show if they have er and not jaa on the official website the correct English is with the er not the jaa.

I don't agree on the widescreen.

Ryu Dairenjaa 08/15/06 11:45 PM

Whatever, But if you got it translated from the Characters in the logo it would come out Boukenjaa or Boukensha
http://www.tokusatsu.jp/images/tvdig...oukenger_1.jpg

And I think WideScreen is a good idea