Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Is Professor Hart Still alive? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6054)

PRangerX 12/12/14 12:17 PM

Is Professor Hart Still alive?

We know Tyler downloaded Hart into Virtual Reality when his body was mortally injured. But do you think Hart is still a living being or a glorified computer program?

MattEmily 12/12/14 12:31 PM

Re: Is Professor Hart Sill alive?

Considering how old he looked back then I personally think he'd be dead by now.

Zabitan 12/12/14 12:50 PM

Depends on your philosophical viewpoint on such matters.

Because I think he's alive in a mental/psychological/spiritual sense but in the physical sense unless his body is in cyrogenic stasis, or if Tyler whipped up a new body for him I doubt it

PRangerX 12/12/14 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 49324)
Considering how old he looked back then I personally think he'd be dead by now.

I meant was he alive after Tyler put him in Virtual Reality.

PRangerX 12/12/14 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 49325)
Depends on your philosophical viewpoint on such matters.

Because I think he's alive in a mental/psychological/spiritual sense but in the physical sense unless his body is in cyrogenic stasis, or if Tyler whipped up a new body for him I doubt it

Yeah, brings up an interesting question if the human mind in a machine is still human.

No Green Spandex 12/16/14 12:11 PM

Re: Is Professor Hart Still alive?

I think he is alive. I mean this is a show with talking dogs. Why couldn't Hart still be alive after the mind transfer.

Captain Codfish 12/16/14 12:13 PM

I think he was a computer program with Hart's memory and emotions. The human mind can't be transfered to a computer. The real Hart perished.

Disney Ranger 12/16/14 12:14 PM

I don't know Vr Troopers was a whacky show . So I would think that Hart was still alive.

Starlight Supreme 12/27/14 02:15 PM

He is diffinitly alive. Just like Zordon was alive in MMPR. Are memories are who we are. Plus Hart still had emotions based on how he got annoyed with Jeb and was happy to see Tyler return. He was clearly alive in virtual reality/cyberspace.

Decepticon 12/27/14 02:19 PM

Zordon was different. He was a interdemensional being that could communicate through a tube. Hart was dead yet his mind was used to create a virtual construct that had human feelings. The only similairty was that both lost their bodies long ago.