Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Movie Box Office Performance No Spoilers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7822)

yellowrangermovielover3 04/12/17 09:22 AM

Re: Movie Box Office Performance No Spoilers

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...rrangers16.htm

good or bad for sequel???

PRangerX 04/12/17 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrangermovielover3 (Post 65563)

I would say the movie did okay to good. It had a solid opening weekend. The big negative is how quickly it dropped to week 2. But its far from a flop. With a lower budget expectations were also lower. I would say its on the bubble as to whether we have a sequel. I think Saban Brands and Lionsgate would like to make this work. Based on merchandise potential and the brand itself, I think there is a decent chance we get a sequel. The first week shows there is a potential audience for this sort of movie.

Titanium Black 04/12/17 08:09 PM

Were not getting a sequel. Sorry this is going to go down as a slightly disappointing performance. Saban Brands will be probably have to look for a new partner that will want to do their own thing. Probably with a release date five years from now.

Goldar's Revenge 04/12/17 08:14 PM

I question whether Lionsgate wants anything to do with this franchise after the way the promotions was done. Plus the disinterest them seemed to have with the production design. The movie. was lot better then I thought. The creative team clearly cares but after the way this thing dropped...I see Lionsgate pulling the plug. At best we will get a soft reboot with a new studio.

Superstatler 04/12/17 08:16 PM

Actually this was a low risk investment. The movie did fairly well and I see them going for a sequel. That will probably be another low risk investment.

Bratty Katty 05/12/17 08:13 AM

The Movie was a lot better than I thought. It was a decent movie. I would like to see a sequel but don't think it did well enough..

Bandai Guy 05/19/17 07:56 PM

If a sequel is made Saban Brands needs to beg Bandai to make them better designs.

Dic Dubber 06/21/17 09:43 PM

it wasn't enough like the original series.

Sentai Is Forever 07/03/17 01:17 PM

It wasn't enough like the Sentai.

Rossovan 08/30/17 08:32 AM

The movie was good in parts and i've watched it a few more times since the DVD came out, obviously the issue was it took ages for anything to happen as they had to develop the characters, etc and a lot of audiences just wanted Power Rangers to be morphed and doing what they do.

I think they'll try and get a sequel out and leave it there (unless it does amazingly well) just to wrap up the story a bit but that could take time, especially if Lionsgate aren't keen.