Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Were Dimitria and Divatox sisters? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7696)

Super Cena 01/14/17 12:41 PM

Were Dimitria and Divatox sisters?

It was implied but never revealed?

Goldar's Revenge 01/15/17 01:00 AM

Re: Were Dimitria and Divatox sisters?

Its because a lot of the plots from Sloan's half were dropped when Lynn took over. Even the Mellenium Message was dropped. " Countdown" just happened to pay it off. The episode also showed that they were probably sisters. Since purified Divatox is in the same kind of outfit Dimitria was shown to wore.

Usagi Reborn 01/15/17 01:01 AM

I always thought it was wierd that they were sisters. It really didn't seem to fit.

Zordon's Alliance 01/15/17 01:10 AM

I don't think they were. The plot was dropped. And Divatox wearing Dimitria's costume was either a coincidence or them saving money

Rita's Pita 01/15/17 01:11 AM

They were seemingly separated at birth. Divatox was stolen to work for evil.

Cassie Turbo 01/15/17 01:13 AM

The sister plot was too predictable, they should have done something else.

Super Cena 01/15/17 03:48 PM

The whole plot seemed boring and unnecessary anyway. Dimitria was pretty bland and not very memorable. Divatox was not.a very memorable villain when all is said and done.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 01/15/17 03:50 PM

Zordon lied to Dimitra when he recruited her thousands of years ago. Since she woukd have hesitated if she knew Divatox was her sister. Turbo wasn't the first time Zordon pit her against Divatox. Its why Dimitria was brought in for Turbo.

Ranger Master 01/15/17 03:52 PM

I think Dimitria was the one stolen originally. Zordon had Divatox traded for her since he valued her more. Specter and the Pirates liked Divatox better. Zordon was right since Divatox was much more incompetent.

KimandTommy 01/15/17 03:54 PM

Zordon would never do something like that. Unless he tried to trick Specter with a fake to try and get Divatox back. Who was the one likely taken.

Ranger Master 01/15/17 03:55 PM

Zordon viewed all the "lesser species as expendable. He would do anything to get the aprentice he wanted.

Quasar Saber 01/15/17 03:56 PM

I agree. Its likely Zordon tried to do Andros for Karone too. But the UAE wanted Karone more.

Lothor's Revenge 01/15/17 04:34 PM

I would prefer to think they were unrelated. Having them be sisters seems forced. Especially since it was never really talked about after the missing sister clue. And we had no reason to think the sister was Divatox if it weren't for Carol Hoyt playng both roles until Turner was.ready to return from maternity leave.

Viva La Divatox 01/15/17 04:36 PM

I would strongly oppose the idea that Divatox wasn't a memorable villain. She was awesome and one of the best.

Lothor's Revenge 01/15/17 04:38 PM

I sympathize since I feel the same when people around her criticize Lothor. I don't think as highly of Divatox as you do, but feel she was still a very good villain.

Goldar's Revenge 01/15/17 08:13 PM

Lothor was too comical for a main villain for what Modern PR demanded. Sloan originally thought the kids wanted a funny villain..But studies showed that they wanted a more menacing one. Which is why they wrote Lothor with more of an edge for the final episodes of Ninja Storm.

Cassidy Casablancas 01/16/17 12:06 PM

It doesn't reammy matter to me. Although I do wish they didn't bring up the sister thing if they werent going to resolve it.

Inner Senshi 01/16/17 12:06 PM

The comedy side of Lothor is what made him great.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 01/16/17 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 62937)
Zordon would never do something like that. Unless he tried to trick Specter with a fake to try and get Divatox back. Who was the one likely taken.

Zordon was a master mainpulater. He would do what ever it took for the "greater good".

Ranger Master 01/16/17 12:08 PM

As do most evil tyrants

No Green Spandex 01/16/17 12:09 PM

I doubt Zordon went as far as to trade innocent babies for other innocent babies. He didn't work out deals with evil like that.