Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Turbo Movie action footage (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6751)

Turbo Guy 05/23/15 12:22 AM

The Turbo Movie action footage

I was think Saban could have saved money if they shot additional fight scenes of action in the Turbo Movie Shoot to be adapted for the series. Also would have made the series look pretty high tech.

MattEmily 05/23/15 08:53 PM

Re: The Turbo Movie action footage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Guy (Post 54771)
I was think Saban could have saved money if they shot additional fight scenes of action in the Turbo Movie Shoot to be adapted for the series. Also would have made the series look pretty high tech.

no they couldn't have since they would have still been shooting new footage regardless of whether it was for the movie or the show and the Turbo season had more new footage than Zeo did due to Divatox, Piranhatrons, Putrid Pods and the redesigned suits of Elgar and Rygog so they tried to avoid using their Sentai footage as many as possible.
Also most of the Phantom Ranger scenes were new footage as well except for the sequence in which Porto tells Havoc about the Power Ruby, his scenes in his Artillatron cockpit and mostly faraway shots of him being in a cage except for 1 very close-up shot of him in the cage with Metalasaurus holding it.

Turbo Guy 05/24/15 11:48 AM

I just thought it would have been better looking with the movie budget. I love Turbo anyway though.

Captain Codfish 05/24/15 11:50 AM

Turbo actually looked pretty good in the first season. They used a lot of movie props and everything n the morphing sequence. Too bad the first half was pretty boring. The second seemed cheaper but was much better.