Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did A Squad go bad? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6335)

PRangerX 01/28/15 08:21 PM

Why did A Squad go bad?

They were heroes and seemed to have great carreers with SPD. Yet they chose to join Gruumm.

The Ghost Ranger 01/28/15 10:14 PM

Re: Why did A Squad go bad?

Well, different sources have different reasons; I believe a comic said they were indeed brainwashed, while writers for the show said they were tempted by more power and riches.

PRangerX 01/28/15 11:08 PM

It seems that was the intention of the writers in the end. But the wierd part was how Bridge noticed their Aura was off in the early episodes. That seems to be a clue that they were brainwashed. Especially since we know the magnificants brainwashes people.

Lord Leo 01/28/15 11:10 PM

I think they did it for the power. Bridge noticed that they changed because they chose to be evil. A Squad may have once been heroes. But they turned from their ideals and sided with Gruumm. They did so for their selfish desires and for power. Much like what happened with Dru.

Inner Senshi 01/28/15 11:12 PM

Its prety sad if the comics are right. Since it means the A Squad Rangers were unfairly jailed for their crimes. Since being brainwashed was behind their control.

Sailor Dragonzord 01/29/15 06:59 PM

A Squad weren't true Rangers in the end. They were only in it for themselves and joined up with Gruumm when it benefited them.

Superstatler 01/29/15 07:03 PM

I think Gruumm just paid them off. A Squad felt entitled and didn't think SPD paid them enough. They only cared about themselves in the end.

No Green Spandex 01/29/15 07:31 PM

They were clearly brainwashed by Omni. SPD just didn't know because they never saw how Omni could brainwash people. Gruumm was probably brainwashed too.

Galaxy Supreme 01/29/15 07:38 PM

Then why did they already have a bad arua before they were captured? They probably went bad before they even met Gruumm. Once they were captured Gruumm saw this and recruited them.

Phantom Stranger 01/29/15 10:44 PM

I think A Squad became arrogant and felt entitled. They were easy pickings to be turned by Gruumm. Bridge just detected their sinister intent.