Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Zordon replace the Turbos (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7452)

Super Cena 10/24/16 04:29 PM

Why did Zordon replace the Turbos

It seemed odd that Zordon and Dimitria replaced the Turbos with Rookie Rangers in the middle of an invasion by Divatox. The idea of setting the Rangers free was kinda weak. Since the priority should have been protecting the world. Its not like Zordon expected the Rangers to stay if they needed to leave. Why not at least wait for them to want to lead?

MattEmily 10/24/16 06:21 PM

Re: Why did Zordon replace the Turbos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Cena (Post 58962)
It seemed odd that Zordon and Dimitria replaced the Turbos with Rookie Rangers in the middle of an invasion by Divatox. The idea of setting the Rangers free was kinda weak. Since the priority should have been protecting the world. Its not like Zordon expected the Rangers to stay if they needed to leave. Why not at least wait for them to want to lead?

yea the idea would've worked better if the Blue Senturion's Millennium Message was fixed and they heard the news like was originally scripted.

KimandTommy 10/24/16 08:22 PM

Zordon was a nice guy and new that the teens had to get on with their lives. He also knew they would pick fitting replacements. Even if the writers didn't make them as good as the originals. It is a shame the actors had to leave but I understand the in universe reason. At least we got Tommy back later on.

Goldar's Revenge 10/24/16 08:39 PM

Zordon most likely knew about the Message and felt it was better to move on to the new team. Zordon probably had everything carefully planned out through Space. Getting captured just through a wrench in things.

Captain Mutiny 10/24/16 10:06 PM

The Turbo Rangers started to ask too many questions. Zordon liked to have Rangers that followed orders and probably felt it was best for new blood.

Tommy Angel 10/24/16 10:25 PM

I don't know what Zordon was thinking. But I really don't know what the producers were thinking. Why right off fan favorites who were are only link to MMPR.

White Spandex Rules 10/24/16 10:49 PM

I hated to the see the originals go. But I guess it couldn't be avoided.

Hailey Ziktor 10/25/16 09:03 PM

They weren't using the old cast well enough. It was time for a change.

Superstatler 10/25/16 09:05 PM

The whole thing was pretty rushed. I guess we know why they change casts so much now. When they tried to go year to year, it seems there were a number of sudden unplanned cast changes that left them scrambling.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 10/25/16 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 59012)
The Turbo Rangers started to ask too many questions. Zordon liked to have Rangers that followed orders and probably felt it was best for new blood.

Yes, this has to be one of the main reasons. Zordon couldn't have a team asking too many questions. Dimitria also couldn't control them.