Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Once A Ranger fail? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7344)

Space Nerd 09/15/16 11:41 PM

Why did Once A Ranger fail?

"Once A Ranger" is infamous in the fandom. Why do you think it disappointed?

Goldar's Revenge 09/15/16 11:47 PM

Re: Why did Once A Ranger fail?

It squandered the returning Rangers and treated them like background characters. The whole team up focused on the OO Rangers. Who were pretty unlikable in how they just quit when things got tough.

The Thrax character backstory was forced and made no sense. Perhaps you could buy that Zedd and Rita had a son that just aged quicker than humans...But the subplot with him fighting Sentinel Ranger during the Dinosaur era totally contradicts this. Why is he trapped in a dumpster millions of years before he is born? Its possible Zedd and Rita weren't even alive themselves

Captain Codfish 09/15/16 11:50 PM

I liked it. I thought it was fun seeing all the old Rangers. It would have been nice for them to get more focus. But I felt they were around enough. I loved it when they went to Angel Grove. The twist with Alpha was also interesting. Seeing the two Ranger teams fight was cool. As they usually are in team ups.

MMPR Forever 09/15/16 11:51 PM

I wish they would have had the MMPR Rangers come back. Than maybe I would have enjoyed this.

Massive Ego 09/15/16 11:54 PM

Team Up sucked! They just shoehorned in references that made no sense. Brought back a bunch of Rangers from the lame Disney era and wasted Adam. Bridge as Red was stupid. The OO Rangers came off like punks. But they were like that all season. Just bad writing all around. Only to be topped by the finale of Super Megaforce.

Quantum Hunter 09/16/16 11:21 AM

It just didn't live up to "Forever Red" or past team ups. The fact that the OO team were asshats didn't help.

Red Spandex Forever 09/16/16 11:35 AM

I agree with Bridge being a disapointing Red Ranger. It just didn't fit to me. Sky should have been the Red Ranger. If you can't bring Jack back. The whole summoned from the future thing was vague anyway.

True Blue 09/16/16 11:43 PM

The old Rangers didn't get enough screen time and felt like background players. Thrax was a let down and went down to easy. OO was a jumbled mess anyway.

Goldar's Revenge 09/16/16 11:53 PM

Really they had problems all season. The OO Rangers just weren't likeable and not easy to route four. They were often selfish and learned nothing in the end. Mack was acted rediclus when he found out he was a robot. Be so treated Hartford with no respect. The Carona Aurora was treated like nothing in the end. It was what they were searching for all season and Flurious' defeat made it look like a power up for any monster of the day.

Turbo Black 09/17/16 08:29 AM

OO was a good but not great season. The Mack robot plot was good, it just went on too long. I actually liked the team up. I do wish Flurious didn't go down so easy in the end.