Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should the Gold Ranger have had a different origin? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6377)

Terra Venture 02/10/15 06:00 PM

Should the Gold Ranger have had a different origin?

I didn't like the Gold Rangers origin as Trey. They should have had the Rangers find the Gold Power Staff and recruit Jason to be Gold. It would have made far more sense. Thank Jason could have become Turbo Blue when Rocky left.

No Green Spandex 02/10/15 11:45 PM

Re: Should the Gold Ranger have had a different origin?

I don't think it really matters. Jason still ended up as Gold Ranger. I don't think they were gonna keep him around during Turbo either way. I think they woukd have went with the kid Ranger. Would have been cool to have Jason stay for Turbo though.

The Ghost Ranger 02/11/15 12:43 AM

To this day I still wish Billy had been turned into the Gold Ranger. He even said at the beginning of the season he could take on the powers in an emergency, and thanks to the back stage harassment Yost went through, it didn't happen.

Lightspeed Zeo 02/11/15 01:03 AM

Billy has Gold would have been cool. I would have like to have seen that. It would have been cool to see Billy become the cool Sixth.

MattEmily 02/11/15 09:42 AM

Nah the Gold Ranger shouldn't have had a different origin. His powers are far too different in comparison to the regular Zeo powers (despite him using a source similar to the Zeo Crystal) so I think Trey being the Gold Ranger worked out quite well and on top of that he needed to temporarily pass his powers on to Jason anyway which gave us an interesting and dramatic storyline when he couldn't handle the powers anymore.

VR Master 02/11/15 12:12 PM

I would have liked to have seen Ryan Steele as Gild Ranger. He could have gotten the new powers to defeat Grimlord. Only to accidently travel from Virtual Reality to the PRU.

Todd Oliver 02/11/15 12:15 PM

I was hoping that David Truehart was going to become Gold Ranger. I thought thats what they were going for. It would have made sense since he was Tommy's brother.

Zabitan 02/11/15 12:35 PM

I agree Billy, David, or Ryan Steele would have been cool.

I would also like it if they used Ryan Steele as a way to say VR Troopers, and Power Rangers exist in the same universe.

Decepticon 02/11/15 08:15 PM

Gold Ranger should have been Tommy. They could have had six Rangers from the beginning. Just like MMPR 2 and 3

Dic Dubber 02/12/15 12:01 PM

They should have had Jason, Kimberly, Trini, Zack come back to become Zeo Rangers. With Billy as Blue and Tommy as Gold.