Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't they just make Mailgore the main villain of Space? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9023)

Super Cena 07/19/20 09:20 PM

Why didn't they just make Mailgore the main villain of Space?

They used the same suit for Dark Specter. So wouldn't it make more sense to say Maligore wasn't fully destroyed and have him take control of the UAE by the end of Turbo?

Ranger Eagle 07/19/20 09:35 PM

Re: Why didn't they just make Mailgore the main villain of Space?

Mailgore was clearly defeated though. Specter was probably just related or from he same species.

Goldar's Revenge 07/19/20 09:37 PM

Dark Specter was a shape changer. He likely took Mailgore's form to use the fear of his reputation to gain power. Later he accumulated enough power to back up his deception.

Zabitan 07/21/20 08:48 PM

My thing is sometimes I wish they did this thing where for most of In Space Dark Spector was footage of Javious from Megaranger, and then when Astronema turns good but Dark Spector brainwashes her to be evil again they use footage of Dr Himeler as Dark Spector for the rest of In Space.

At the same time I also want to combine Maligore, and Goldgoyle into the same character who's called Maligore but uses the Exhaus suit.

But I still like the actual Maligore/Dark Spector suit so I want to have it where the Turbo movie was the same as the 95 movie where it's non cannon, and they wear armor, and all that jazz so the actual Maligore/Dark Spector suit could just movie version Maligore.

MMPR Awesome 07/22/20 10:45 AM

Perhaps it was best that the Turbo Movie was non canon. That way they could have picked up where they left off in Zeo.

Rangerlord 07/22/20 10:46 AM

No way, I would much rather keep that movie in continuity.

Goldar's Revenge 07/22/20 11:19 AM

They used re-used the Mailgore suit to save money. Its very possible Dark Specter didn't even exist in their minds when they wrote the Turbo Movie.

Maligore 07/22/20 11:20 AM

Its too bad Saban was too cheap to make an original costume for Dark Specter.

Sailor Saban 07/22/20 11:22 AM

I thought it was ingenious of Saban to use the same suit. Since it automatically gives us the idea that the two are connected somehow...Without even saying it. This is why Saban is the creative master.

Polly Want A Megazord 07/22/20 11:32 PM

They already killed him off and just decided to use the same suit to save money.