Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why weren't Deker and Dayu redeemed (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8637)

Jungle Pride Megazord 02/22/18 09:04 PM

Re: Why weren't Deker and Dayu redeemed

Deker just couldn't overcome the curse of needing to fight his perfect opponent. Dayu couldn't escape her feelings of regret.

Disney Ranger 02/23/18 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jungle Pride Megazord (Post 74960)
Deker just couldn't overcome the curse of needing to fight his perfect opponent. Dayu couldn't escape her feelings of regret.

Power Rangsrs just gets too depressing when Disney is not in charge.

Captain Mutiny 02/26/18 05:35 PM

They probably didn't want to bother with too much more original footage to make it work. Or perhaps it was the original plan but was abandoned due to time. Just like Isinia was almost droppes in SPD.

Disney Ranger 02/26/18 05:51 PM

It makes me really wish Disney brought PR back themselves.

MattEmily 02/26/18 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 75097)
It makes me really wish Disney brought PR back themselves.

what don't you get? they're the freaking idiots who SOLD IT because they do NOT WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRFan4Ever 02/26/18 06:20 PM

I am surprised Disney didn't want it. I assumed someone invovled with Disney was a fan and that's why they bought it. If I was a fan and owned the series I would never sell.

MattEmily 02/26/18 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 75117)
I am surprised Disney didn't want it. I assumed someone invovled with Disney was a fan and that's why they bought it. If I was a fan and owned the series I would never sell.

nope they only wanted Fox Family that's all they were interested in since it would give them an extra channel and the rights to some sports programming. Those programming rights they sent over to ESPN. Only things they had any interest in they didn't care about anything else in fact they didn't even know buying Fox Family Worldwide would mean taking everything that it had including rights whether they were ownership rights like with Power Rangers, dubbing rights like with Digimon or airing rights like with a few Marvel cartoons.

Tommy Fan 02/26/18 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75120)
nope they only wanted Fox Family that's all they were interested in since it would give them an extra channel and the rights to some sports programming. Those programming rights they sent over to ESPN. Only things they had any interest in they didn't care about anything else in fact they didn't even know buying Fox Family Worldwide would mean taking everything that it had including rights whether they were ownership rights like with Power Rangers, dubbing rights like with Digimon or airing rights like with a few Marvel cartoons.

I do think they were crazy not to hang onto Power Rangers after they knew they had it. Plus after they ran it for so many years.

KimandTommy 02/27/18 12:04 PM

I agree that the storyline should have had a happy ending.

Massive Ego 02/28/18 08:20 AM

One of the few non crappy storylines that season. Too bad it wasn't enough to stop Samurai from outright sucking.