Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What are your expectations for Jungle Fury? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2599)

NinjaJack 01/15/08 08:29 PM

What are your expectations for Jungle Fury?

Well Jungle Fury is fastly approaching and sooner or later we will finally get a chance to the faces under the new shiny helmets. But for a moment let's think beyond that before we have footage giving us ideas, what are your expectation for the series?

OO was never a GREAT series to me, it was what it was and what it was was fun but not...funtastic.
The ending left me feeling like the whole season was just a detour for the Rangers lives. I mean, what were their personal reasons for finding all this anyway?

But enough about OO, this is 2008 the year of change. I think this season is set to be phenomenal. It's great to see the new teasers that've been floating around Jetix and Super Legends official site, despite the fact that they contain nil Kiwi footage.

And for the record, I hope the morph phrase is

"Jungle...Fury!"

or

"Call Of The Wild!"

DarkBlaze 01/15/08 08:44 PM

Inside, I feel Jungle Fury, as you said, "is set to be phenomenal". But I'm not getting my hopes up too much. There's no telling what the future holds for this season, nor the fate of what happens after Jungle Fury. Nevertheless, I am going to enjoy this season the best I can. Because if the rumors are true, I'd rather watch a bad season then complain...

As for expectations:

Some great unmorped martial arts fight scenes (nothing beats the old days in my opinion though).

I would like to see less wire-fu/explosions, and more realistic battle scenes. I mean, the whole 'sword creating large explosions' has gotten waaaaay overboard!

I'm kinda set for "Jungle Released...Fury Unleashed!" But that's not gonna happen.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/15/08 09:05 PM

I expect the exact same thing we have been getting from Kalish.

I expect plot ideas rushed through or abandoned. With little thought put into them.

I expect Rangers who are bland and uninteresting.

I expect Zord fights thrown in there for five seconds just to have them. Or an episode that is almost nothing but Zord fights.

I expect them to have some kind of ally that will be mutilated into being the Battlizer for the Red Ranger.

I expect Zord combinations and Zords to go unnamed because they can't take five seconds to say but they can take time to cycle through each Ranger screaming like a banshee on crack cocaine.

I expect Kalishsplosians for no reason. I.e. some one walks and as they do so numerous technicolor smoked explosions follow him.

I expect to see the upgraded forms of both Rio & Mele to be used as MOTDs.

I expect there to be no team up because Kalish doesn't do those unless they are special team ups like Once A Ranger because he doesn't even do them between his own seasons.

I expect there will be stupid continuity refrences that don't make sense. I.e. the Fireheart scale in OO that looked nothing like Fireheart's actual scales.

I expect to be extremely displeased and uninterested in it completely. So regardless of any other previous expectations mentioned I won't care because I won't be watching. PR past WF is dead to me now.

Knightfall 01/16/08 07:46 AM

My expectations arent that high. Look at the halfassed job Disney has done so far promoting the series.

Samuel Benta confirmed the budget was slashed again and theres no teamup.

And unlike last year, theres no hot girls this year either :(

NinjaJack 01/16/08 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Steel (Post 30368)
My expectations arent that high. Look at the halfassed job Disney has done so far promoting the series.

Samuel Benta confirmed the budget was slashed again and theres no teamup.

And unlike last year, theres no hot girls this year either :(

Well my only concern with Benta is that well, I thought he wasn't working on the show anymore?

DarkBlaze 01/16/08 11:50 PM

True. I mean, it's not even his place for him to tell us that sort of information.

NinjaJack 01/17/08 11:38 AM

I'm convinced that by the time we see the real Jungle Fury trailers it will blow us away

DarkBlaze 01/17/08 06:47 PM

Likewise...

Kamen Rider 01/17/08 08:09 PM

I don't have any high expectations for Jungle Fury.

Thanks to Disney. They ruined NS to OO badly.

NinjaJack 01/18/08 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider (Post 30392)
I don't have any high expectations for Jungle Fury.

Thanks to Disney. They ruined NS to OO badly.

Did they really? I mean I just watched a good meaty chunk of DT's ending and beginning and I was really happy with the results. NS Really had a kick to it that was refreshing from the Wild Force "Let's give the good stories to the villains" concepts.

And watching the SPD zords chase after Devestation, Kat's episode and a few others I'm not as upset at that season as I was initially.

Overdrive I can give you to some extent. From the start they didn't seem to want to go big or really bold at all.