Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 05/19/08 - PR 2009 Title Revealed! (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2662)

Knightfall 04/02/08 07:57 PM

PR News 05/19/08 - PR 2009 Title Revealed!

We have been hearing that the tentative title for Power Rangers 2009 is

Power Rangers R.P.M.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_x2cVk-SwxSQ/...00/goonger.jpg

Like it? Hate it?

Discuss.

PrimoPiccolo 04/02/08 08:48 PM

An abbreviation title not forced by Japanese footage? Brilliant!

So far, it's the only thing I like about the idea of continuing PR next year.

DarkBlaze 04/02/08 10:28 PM

Very interesting. I heard it stood for Revelations Per Minute.

PrimoPiccolo 04/03/08 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Vengeance
I heard it stood for Revelations Per Minute.

Really? I wonder if M.P.H. stands for Miles Per Hour...

Mystic Diamond 04/03/08 10:55 AM

Title sounds pretty cool. Let's hope they can make some drastic changes from its sentai counterpart.

PrimoPiccolo 04/03/08 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Diamond
Let's hope they can make some drastic changes from its sentai counterpart.

Or at least that Go-onger bakes the Rangers in a giant pizza...

DarkRanger99 04/04/08 05:36 PM

:mad:Me no like title.

red timeforce ranger 04/05/08 04:22 PM

i like THE title of power rangers 2009

BlueRider 04/05/08 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 (Post 30767)
:mad:Me no like title.

Why are you talking like a Caveman?

DarkRanger99 04/05/08 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRider (Post 30788)
Why are you talking like a Caveman?

Me like talk like this, funny. Why you speak like normal?

red timeforce ranger 04/05/08 07:49 PM

i speak dragon languge

Blue Star 04/05/08 08:34 PM

R.P.M.
not bad of a title

RangerKing 04/06/08 11:59 AM

Sounds interesting, but I wonder what it means.

Maybe Rangers per Morph......:)

PrimoPiccolo 04/06/08 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing
Sounds interesting, but I wonder what it means.

Really Prevalent Meaning.

DarkRanger99 04/06/08 06:53 PM

All disney has to do is look through some of the threads on other PR forums sites named "Suggesting a title for PR 2009" for better names. But, hey, it might have the worst name yet, but it will be a live-action season with the worst name yet!:)

red timeforce ranger 04/06/08 07:50 PM

power rangers roar thunder and their robot name is roar thunder megazord

PRangerX 04/06/08 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 (Post 30826)
All disney has to do is look through some of the threads on other PR forums sites named "Suggesting a title for PR 2009" for better names. But, hey, it might have the worst name yet, but it will be a live-action season with the worst name yet!:)

They can't take suggestions from fans. That opens the doors to lawsuits. Its why most TV shows don't accept spec scripts ( script submissions written by fans).

RangerKing 04/07/08 06:08 PM

Wasn't that rooted in the Star Trek writers being lazy and adapting a fanfic?

DarkRanger99 04/07/08 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 30831)
They can't take suggestions from fans. That opens the doors to lawsuits. Its why most TV shows don't accept spec scripts ( script submissions written by fans).

Technically, the fans have not copyrighted their ideas, so Disney can take them if they want to, and that would be brought up in the lawsuit. Plus, Disney can then try to counter-sue fans for using the name "Power Rangers" without their premission.

RangerKing 04/07/08 10:18 PM

There is a thing called fair use which could possibly allow for fanfiction to exist, but there's some grey areas when it comes to fair use. But it is one of the reasons why sites such as Ranger Central exists.

Also when you're dealing with things published on the internet it becomes automatically copyrighted. So when you publish a webpage or send an email, that automatically is copyrighted and you do not have to go through the normal copyright process that you would for a film, song, book, etc.

PRangerX 04/08/08 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 30837)
Wasn't that rooted in the Star Trek writers being lazy and adapting a fanfic?

Not sure about that. I know Star Trek used to be famous for allowing Spec Script submissions. That stopped with Enterprise. Most shows nowadays make you get an agent before they will even read your script.

PRangerX 04/08/08 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 (Post 30842)
Technically, the fans have not copyrighted their ideas, so Disney can take them if they want to, and that would be brought up in the lawsuit. Plus, Disney can then try to counter-sue fans for using the name "Power Rangers" without their premission.

Well obviously PR fans can't make money off of their ideas. But Disney can't make money off of ideas from outside their corporation. Since there not paying the fans to come up with these ideas. For the people that work for them, its understood that the ideas they come up with belong to Disney.

Sakura3 04/09/08 10:21 PM

OK I was watching the Toei episodes up through #6 and it looked great but there's one problem -

The series plot.

Here's what I mean -

Toei's version is enviornmental battle mbased missions this year so I'm not sure how well that'll carry over to the new Power Rangers. If it doesn't work do you guys think the US series plot could change?

red timeforce ranger 04/09/08 10:36 PM

race car owner pick his kids as heros and his 5 kids as teengers

PrimoPiccolo 04/10/08 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango
Toei's version is enviornmental battle mbased missions this year so I'm not sure how well that'll carry over to the new Power Rangers.

Why wouldn't it carry over well as well as anything else? We arguably made the environment a bigger issue in Wild Force than Gaoranger did.

RangerKing 04/10/08 07:41 AM

Oh yeah. Mandilok persuading Kite to the correct argument that the Orgs weren't ultimately the ones responsible was a good episode.

But just because something happened in Sentai doesn't mean it will in Power Rangers. Granted some of the earlier seasons came away a lot more than today, but Lost Galaxy is a perfect example of them not doing what Sentai did (or at least in the execution department). The same would apply to Dino Thunder. So things are tweaked and not because they won't work but because of culture. I mean look at Gekiranger and Jungle Fury. The animals, frankfully, went away and were replaced with just normal human masters.

Poweranimals 04/10/08 02:59 PM

Please no more Kites.

PrimoPiccolo 04/10/08 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing
But just because something happened in Sentai doesn't mean it will in Power Rangers. Granted some of the earlier seasons came away a lot more than today, but Lost Galaxy is a perfect example of them not doing what Sentai did (or at least in the execution department). The same would apply to Dino Thunder.

But those seasons also had producers who really tried to fight the status quo. If Kalish is still under contract for next year, we'll see a 96% Go-onger translation, because all the stuff that made S.P.D. independent of Dekaranger was thanks to Greg Aronowitz.

BlueRider 04/10/08 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 30870)
Please no more Kites.

Lol No his name is going to be Plane.

RangerKing 04/12/08 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30871)
But those seasons also had producers who really tried to fight the status quo. If Kalish is still under contract for next year, we'll see a 96% Go-onger translation, because all the stuff that made S.P.D. independent of Dekaranger was thanks to Greg Aronowitz.

True, but even small details from Sentai doesn't mean that it will translate to Power Rangers. I really think that the overall plot would change if it just doesn't work for the audience and if its hard to execute.

Harlan Phoenix 04/21/08 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30871)

Isn't Kalish working on something new after Jungle Fury?

PrimoPiccolo 04/21/08 06:56 PM

Not that I know of. But I'm far from well-informed on the inner workings of PR.

Personally, I think Kalish has had enough time at the reigns. Sloan did the first four and a half seasons, Tzachor the next five and a half, so a PR ingenue like Kalish getting four is plenty.

And while it's been said thousands of times on thousands of boards before, once more won't hurt: Jackie needs to be in charge.

red timeforce ranger 04/21/08 08:21 PM

maybe disney hired new head writer for pr2009

Harlan Phoenix 04/21/08 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30943)
Not that I know of. But I'm far from well-informed on the inner workings of PR.

Personally, I think Kalish has had enough time at the reigns. Sloan did the first four and a half seasons, Tzachor the next five and a half, so a PR ingenue like Kalish getting four is plenty.

And while it's been said thousands of times on thousands of boards before, once more won't hurt: Jackie needs to be in charge.

I agree, Jackie's earned it.

Kamen Rider Decade 04/22/08 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlan Phoenix (Post 30947)
I agree, Jackie's earned it.

How has Jackie earned it?

By turning in an abismal scripts? By sticking with the show so long? Assuming she wrote good scripts and it was ruined by her coworkers she doesn't have the balls nor the integrity to stand up for her work and allows it to be ruined, so she earned the position of taking over Kalish's job by allowing her stuff to be crapped all over?

She hasn't earned it.

The last decent thing she turned out was under Sloan and even then she was still turning out trash.

The only person who has earned anything is the guy in charge of stunts and I still wouldn't want him in the command chair.

Harlan Phoenix 04/22/08 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Virginian (Post 30948)
How has Jackie earned it?

By turning in an abismal scripts? By sticking with the show so long? Assuming she wrote good scripts and it was ruined by her coworkers she doesn't have the balls nor the integrity to stand up for her work and allows it to be ruined, so she earned the position of taking over Kalish's job by allowing her stuff to be crapped all over?

She hasn't earned it.

The last decent thing she turned out was under Sloan and even then she was still turning out trash.

The only person who has earned anything is the guy in charge of stunts and I still wouldn't want him in the command chair.

Largely, writer's scripts are dictated by the showrunner. Jackie is not the showrunner, therefore her scripts must flow to a certain story dictated to her AND must preform to the content standards of the production company. She's not a terrible writer, she just has to do her job.

Besides, DinoThunder proved that good stuff can be done under Disney's banner. Even if you don't like DinoThunder, it exemplifies the PR mold (craft a new story with Sentai footage) more than any other Disney season. Jackie's been around for a while, she knows the show. I'm confident she'd make a fine showrunner, especially since Disney doesn't necessarily mandate that PR be a mere translation of Sentai, it just seems to be Kalish's philosophy. Otherwise, we wouldn't get something like DinoThunder.

Jackie cares for the show, and we need someone like that.

PrimoPiccolo 04/22/08 03:39 PM

Don't mind him. Anyone who doesn't know Jackie Marchand's worth clearly has no idea all the things she was responsible for outside simply 'writing', which includes the whole concept and prop usage of "Fighting Spirit" among many other things.

Sakura3 04/22/08 03:55 PM

I'm still going to watch next year anyways. Besides that I think that we should give whoever this is a chance befoer we make any judgements. I felt that way after I watced Space Patrol Delta and Mystic Force together in 2006. So I'll wait till 2010 before I make any judgemnents.

Harlan Phoenix 04/22/08 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30951)
Don't mind him. Anyone who doesn't know Jackie Marchand's worth clearly has no idea all the things she was responsible for outside simply 'writing', which includes the whole concept and prop usage of "Fighting Spirit" among many other things.

I like minding him. He's silly.

PrimoPiccolo 04/22/08 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango
I think that we should give whoever this is a chance befoer we make any judgements.

We're not even sure there will be a Power Rangers in 2009. :/