Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Lost Galaxy Arch (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6328)

Superhero Galaxy 01/26/15 09:57 PM

The Lost Galaxy Arch

I always thought the lost Galaxy Arch kinda sucked. It was wierd since the series was named Lost Galaxy and it ended up being a throwaway arch at the end of the season.

Captain Mutiney just didn't compare to Trakeena or any of the other villains. The episodes were born and it just felt like the show took a detour from the main plot. It was just a low point for what was other wise a strong season.

Superstatler 01/26/15 10:16 PM

Re: The Lost Galaxy Arch

I think they were just biding their time. A lot already happened in season 2. With Mike coming back as Magna Defender, Scorpious Dying, Trakeena taking over, the team up, Kendrix dying, and Karone becoming Pink Ranger. They were just biding their time till the finalie.

MMPR Forever 01/26/15 10:17 PM

I kinda liked the arch. The rest of LG was bleh. The Lost Galaxy arch was more fun and kinda reminded me of MMPR. No where near as good but better than the rest of LG.

Astronema 01/26/15 10:18 PM

Yeah, it did kinda drag. I wanted to get back to the main story too. The only good episode was the one where Mike frees the slaves and gives up his powers. But the rest of LG was pretty tremendous.

Everyone Loves Rocky 01/30/15 04:35 PM

I really didn't like Captain Mutiny. He was a big step down from Trakeena. Deviot annoyed me. I would have rather have had Villamax stranded in the Lost Galaxy. The arch was just so slow moving and dreary

No Green Spandex 01/30/15 04:37 PM

I thought it was a mistake not to kill Mike in the episodes with the slaves. There is no way he should have been able to survive that. Plus it would have made the sacrifice mean a lot. It would have upped the stakes for the final battle emotionally.

Kilobyte 01/30/15 04:41 PM

That would have been redundant. They should never have brought him back in the first place. The second Megna Defender should have been a new character. Then Mike's death in tbe premiere wouldn't have been cheated.

Superstatler 01/30/15 04:43 PM

Maybe Megna Defender could have absorbed Mike's body and not his mind. It would have made things very hard on Leo.

Usagi Reborn 02/02/15 11:23 AM

It sucked. Luckly the rest of Galaxy was very good. So its still one of the best.

Khan's Wrath 02/03/15 10:07 PM

I didn't think it was that bad. It got them to the final arch. And used up some sentai footage. Mutiny was an pretty scary villan. He took slaves and treated them brutally. Reminds me of Zarkon in Voltron. He even had an old witch.