Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Rocky get to lead? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7580)

Viva La Divatox 11/16/16 12:13 PM

Why did Rocky get to lead?

I know he wasn't the leader. But he seemed to be somewhat of a secondary leader during season 2 and 3. Yet he was a newbie. Than in Zeo he doesn't take leadership.

MattEmily 11/16/16 12:16 PM

Re: Why did Rocky get to lead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viva La Divatox (Post 60187)
I know he wasn't the leader. But he seemed to be somewhat of a secondary leader during season 2 and 3. Yet he was a newbie. Than in Zeo he doesn't take leadership.

he wasn't their leader as you noted and he wasn't a secondary leader for battles. He was just the one calling the shots for zord fights due to recycled footage.

WesJen 11/16/16 06:45 PM

Kind of reminded me how Jen was the leader in Time Force and Wes always took charge.

Forever Jason 11/16/16 06:57 PM

This pissed me off since he was no Jason.

Zeo Power 11/16/16 11:20 PM

Tommy was good as leader in Zeo. I am glad Rocky becMe Blue. He was more interesting in Zeo.

Everyone Loves Rocky 11/17/16 08:01 AM

Rocky would have been a great leader. I am glad he got to lead in the Megazord scenes. I was pissed when they marginalized him in Zeo . And then he gets replaced with an 11 year old.

PRangerX 11/17/16 11:42 AM

They sbould have shot new cockpit footage with Adam leading the team.

Adam White Tiger 11/17/16 11:43 AM

They should have changed the cockpit footage to have Adam in the center.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 11/17/16 11:45 AM

I would think they would put Billy or Kim there if they did that. Since they had more experience ss Rangers. Plus they led the morphing call at times when Tommy wasn't there.

KimandTommy 11/17/16 11:46 AM

Kimberly should have been second in command

Ninja Kat 11/17/16 11:48 AM

At least the problem with fixed in season 3, since Tommy was in the cockpits with them.

No Green Spandex 11/17/16 11:49 AM

Yeah ah but then we got even more Tommy. Lucky us.

MattEmily 11/17/16 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Kat (Post 60216)
At least the problem with fixed in season 3, since Tommy was in the cockpits with them.

not always usually if the Falconzord wasn't in the configuration then he wasn't in the Ninja Megazord cockpit but he was usually in the Shogun Megzord cockpit.

Captain Codfish 11/17/16 08:18 PM

Rocky was never officially made the leader. Nor are there usually second in commands. Especially back then. The only ranks I can remember come from SPD. And even that wasn't official.

Goldar's Revenge 11/18/16 10:14 PM

Rocky just didn't have a personality of his own. He was vinella and followed a popular Red Ranger in Jason. He was much better as the Blue Ranger.

Forever Jason 11/18/16 10:17 PM

I actually have no problem with Rocky as Zeo Blue. He only sucked as Red Ranger.

No Green Spandex 11/18/16 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 60215)
Kimberly should have been second in command

I actually agree there. Kim had the most experience aside from Billy.

Mystic Ranger 11/21/16 09:44 PM

Rocky wasn't really a leader in the official sense. He just sat in front during the cockpit footage. Tommy was always the leader when he was around. Its just Rocky felt pressure as Red to be some sort of unofficial leader. It wasn't really him. So he felt much more comfortable as Zeo Blue.

Ranger Master 11/21/16 09:46 PM

Notice how Rocky leaves as soon as Justin is there to replace them. Yes, there was the back injury. But Rocky doesn't want the powers back once he healed. Rocky was never really comfortable as a Ranger. He preferred a quiet life and only did it because it was his duty. Once someone else was there to take the burden away from him he let them keep the powers. Now if Justin refused he would have took the powers back if there was no one else.

True Blue 11/22/16 02:56 PM

I always liked Rocky better as blue too. He just wasn't strong enough to be a Red Ranger. Who always seemed to somewhat lead even if they aren't leaders.

Kimberly Cares 11/22/16 03:21 PM

I never really considered Rocky a leader. But I liked him as Red and Blue.

Super Zeo Omega 11/22/16 05:49 PM

Rocky never lead anything. So I am not sure why there is an issue.

Quasar Saber 11/28/16 09:14 PM

Zordon already had Tommy as the leader. He didn't want another feud like Jason had with Tommy. So he chose someone with a less alpha male personality for Red. Rocky just felt pressure to lead. But in actuality Tommy was always calling the shots. Rocky didn't question him so there was no issue.

Titanium Black 11/28/16 09:38 PM

I don't think Rocky was ever officially leader. He just happened to be in front during the Megazord battles. Tommy was always calling the shots. And really Kim and Billy seemed to take on more leadership roles when un-morphed.

Tuxedo Moon 11/28/16 09:52 PM

I always thought it was weird how Rocky was just made a secondary leader. Billy or Kim made more sense. And as pointed out, seemed to un-morphed. I guess its just because of the way the footage worked. Because making Rocky any kind of second in command made no sense. He was a newbie and really not a strong personality like Jason.

Power Sentai 11/28/16 10:31 PM

I don't think there is really ever a second in command in Power Rangers. Tommy was the leader in MMPR 2 and 3. The only second in command I can recall was in SPD. And even that was unstated.

MattEmily 05/12/17 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Sentai (Post 60702)
I don't think there is really ever a second in command in Power Rangers. Tommy was the leader in MMPR 2 and 3. The only second in command I can recall was in SPD. And even that was unstated.

actually there are command structures that are obvious.

Alien Rangers = Delphine was the leader and Aurico was the 2nd in command.
Time Force = Jen was the leader and Wes was the 2nd in command.
SPD = Jack was the leader unless Cruger took charge.
RPM = Scott was the leader but Summer took charge when he wasn't available.

Hexagon Ranger 05/12/17 07:13 PM

Rocky wasn't an official leader or second in command. He just had the front seat in the zord configuration..

Sentai Master 05/12/17 11:32 PM

Rocky was never intended to be a leader.

Shadowhawk 05/14/17 09:19 AM

Rocky seemed to be the most experienced of the newbies and Red seems to usually be for Rangers who are at least natural leaders if not official ones. It is odd that Rocky's personality changed so much as Zeo Blue. Which influences people's opinions of him.

Sentai Master 05/14/17 09:42 AM

I think he only appeared to lead due to the fact they shot the cockpit footage back when Jason was leader.

Kelly Power 05/19/17 10:12 PM

He was a poor choice for second in command. Adam was a much better choice.

Powermaster 05/19/17 10:23 PM

He seemed like he had a lot of good leadership qualities. They seemed to go away in Zeo for some reason.

Galaxy Supreme 05/28/17 10:45 AM

He wasn't the leader. Just like Wes wasn't the leader in Time Force. Or Aurico in Alien Rangers.