Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   General Fandom Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Whatever happened to Lahana Forums? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8144)

Kira Fan 10/30/17 03:07 PM

Whatever happened to Lahana Forums?

I remember when Lahana Forums was around. I miss it. it was a fun place to talk about Emma Lahana and her character Kira Ford.

Mesagog Lives 10/30/17 04:10 PM

Re: Remember Lahana Forums?

It was fun while it lasted but its time was limited. Especially when Emma was no longer invovled.

Inner Senshi 10/30/17 04:11 PM

I wonder why the the board closed down?

Goldar's Revenge 10/30/17 04:14 PM

Emma lost interest because the board became too much of a flamefest and some members made comments about her personal life.

Captain Codfish 10/30/17 04:18 PM

Yes,specifically about Brandon and her relationship him at the time. They foolishly confused their dislike for Jack Launders with the real Brandon McLaren.

Massive Ego 10/30/17 04:23 PM

The whole thing was an embarrassment to the fandom.

Blastr Zack 10/30/17 04:24 PM

Sounds like the members should have been nicer to each other.

The Revolution 10/30/17 04:30 PM

The only reason the board died was because PRX was an idiot and refused to keep us open.

White Spandex Rules 10/30/17 04:51 PM

Re: Whatever happened to Lahana Forums?

I am sure he had his reasons. Isn't the mixed in here ?

PRangerX 10/30/17 07:39 PM

Re: Whatever happened to Lahana Forums?

I felt I had no choice to shut the board down, at least in is current forum. Emma wanted it shut down and wasn't involved anymore. I can't blame her for being turned off by the craziness and comments on her relationship. The relationship with Emma was already done when I took over! I just wasn't told.

MR Aftershock was the creator and I started out as his host. I did own the domain but wasn't part of this staff until he stepped down. Lahana Forum never had great leadership. I made the mistake of trying to run a loose board when I took over. But that was not a good idea for an official forum. It needed tight moderation. Also I later found out the actress was done with the forum, so it was doomed anyway.

Another big regret I have is after this point. I closed down and merged the posts/memberships into PRO down the line. But most of the members didn't stick around. The change was too dramatic. I should have re-branded the board into PRO or some other name. If anything merge the other version of PRO into the re-branded LF instead of the reverse. LF was the bigger community at that point and might have been able to continue on as a pr forum.

Running as an official Emma Lahana forum didn't seem proper in any case. But that was a long time ago and people have moved on. Archives from Lahana Forums are available on the board.