Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Gingaman instead of Galaxy (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7500)

Sentai Is Forever 11/05/16 11:36 PM

Gingaman instead of Galaxy

Gingamen should have been adapted more throughly. The Galaxy stuff didn't work. Not keeping the nature theme and made things a disjointed mess. They should have just followed the Sentai closely. It would have saved them a lot of trouble.

Usagi Reborn 11/06/16 12:41 PM

Re: Gingaman instead of Galaxy

No way, we woud have had a Wild Force situation on our hands.

Space Seasons 11/06/16 12:43 PM

Why get rid of one of the best seasons in the franchise? The only way I would consider rewriting Galaxy is if it continued with In Space.

Sentai Envy 11/06/16 12:44 PM

At least Tzachor learned his lesson. Its a shame Saban Brands lost sight of his value in the last few years.

Goldar's Revenge 11/06/16 12:45 PM

Tzachor only took to adapting sentai because it was cost effective. The idea he was some kind of Sentai fan was later debunked.

Power Rangers Forever 11/06/16 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 59652)
At least Tzachor learned his lesson. Its a shame Saban Brands lost sight of his value in the last few years.

That wasn't the lesson to take out of galaxy.

Phantom Stranger 11/06/16 12:47 PM

We got our nature themed PR season with Wild Force.

Massive Ego 11/06/16 12:49 PM

Again, Gingaman sucks like I always thought it would. They woukd have been morons to go with an adaption like that over the LG we got. Its a dumb decision the writers wiukd have made today.

Doctor Dana 11/06/16 01:15 PM

It worked with Lightspeed. But didn't as much with Wild Force. I don't think closely following the Sentai woukd have worked out as well for season 7.

Massive Ego 11/06/16 01:18 PM

It has to be a good sentai like Timeranger. You can't just copy a bad Sentai. Wild Force was still decent because they had enough originality. I am going to give Gaoranger a try soon. But I don't have high hopes and have to finish the suck that is Gingaman first.

Jen's Revenge 11/06/16 03:29 PM

Why would anyone want this to happen ? Lets replace an original season with a carbon copy of a Sentai no one cares about.

Sentai Is Forever 11/06/16 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 59675)
Why would anyone want this to happen ? Lets replace an original season with a carbon copy of a Sentai no one cares about.

You wouldn't have had Time Force without the greatness of Timeranger.

Jen's Revenge 11/06/16 03:32 PM

I didn't say to never copy Sentai. Just don't copy a bad or boring Sentai.

Sentai Is Forever 11/06/16 03:34 PM

All Sentai seasons are at least good. And I actually think they are all better than there Power Rangers counterparts. Especially the ones that deviate heavily from the Sentai.

PRangerX 11/06/16 03:37 PM

Thats silly, in highly doubt its that simple.

Captain Codfish 11/06/16 03:37 PM

Thats silly, in highly doubt its that simple.

Sentai Envy 11/06/16 03:38 PM

Its silly to you maybe. But not to us Sentai Snobs. Its a fact that Sentai is better than Power Rangers.

Dark Specter's Revenge 11/06/16 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Dana (Post 59670)
It worked with Lightspeed. But didn't as nuch with Wild Force. I don't think closely following the Sentai woukd have worked out as well for season 7.

Lightspeed sucked and set the precedent for the franchise to take an awful direction. It hasn't been the same since.

Sentai Envy 11/06/16 05:30 PM

Lightspeed set the precedent for PR to do its job and copy Sentai. Power Ranges s fans are just jealous that Sentai is better than Power Rangers.

Ranger Sentai 11/06/16 05:31 PM

Gingaman is really turning out to be great. I think it might have been better if they adapted it more closely.

Goldar's Revenge 11/06/16 05:35 PM

Lightspeed was good. But it started the terrible trend of Power Rangers copying Sentai needlesly. Thankfully they got away from it at times afterwards, and seem to be away from it permanently now.

Sentai Envy 11/06/16 05:37 PM

To tell you the truth I think Dino Charge has really misrepresented the Sentai and is starting a troubling trend. Without Tzachor there American Sentai will suffer.

Goldar's Revenge 11/06/16 05:38 PM

Dino Charge has been great at adapting the Sentai while still being original.

Sentai Snob 11/06/16 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 59687)
Dino Charge has been great at adapting the Sentai while still being original.

Sorry, have to agree with Sentai Envy. Dino Charge has not represented the Sentai well enough.

Good job Envy, on coining a great term, American Sentai. Much better than using Power Rangers. And let me just compliment all the members of the Sentai Snob Clan for making great arguements here.

Massive Ego 11/06/16 05:54 PM

You all made horrible arguments. Just because you like Sentai better, it doesn't mean its better. I like Timeranger and will check out more Sentai....But I am not joining your club. So stop Pming me about it.

Sentai Snob 11/06/16 05:57 PM

I'm sorry to here that. Just don't post in our thread and we will leave you alone.

Massive Ego 11/06/16 05:59 PM

I have only posting in your thread once, so that won't be a problem.

I will credit them for keeping the Bull Black storyline. Thats the only part of the Sentai I like so far.

Sentai Envy 11/06/16 06:00 PM

And I would say it was the only storyline I liked in LG until the Lost Galaxy arch.

Sentai Is Forever 11/06/16 06:03 PM

This is exactly what I envisioned when I dreamed up the Sentai Snobs. Good to see it come true. Sorry you won't be joining us Ego. But like Snob said we will respect your wishes. Betts good to here you coming around to Sentai. I hope you can officially join us and get in uniform. Which is a term Sentai Snob came up with. I love American Sentai from Envy too.

MattEmily 11/06/16 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Snob (Post 59695)
I'm sorry to here that. Just don't post in our thread and we will leave you alone.

only the Mods and the Admins here have the authority to say that which you are neither.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 59696)
I have only posting in your thread once, so that won't be a problem.

I will credit them for keeping the Bull Black storyline. Thats the only part of the Sentai I like so far.

the Magna Defender storyline was definitely one of the great things that we had seen in Galaxy that's for sure.

PRangerX 11/06/16 09:24 PM

I allowed them to have that club specific thread that is exclusive to them. I am still working on how to do the club thing. However, I don't want them to abuse the privilage and bother members. So they better stop pming Ego .

Sentai Snob 11/06/16 09:24 PM

We will respect his and your wishes.

PRangerX 11/07/16 09:27 PM

That's good, thank you.

I really don't want a scenario where Lost Galaxy never existed. I am glad we got that instead of a nature PR seasons beholden to the Sentai.

Lord Leo 11/11/16 11:09 PM

I would have just toned down the story they adapted for Leo. He hogged the spotlight.

Tommy Angel 11/11/16 11:13 PM

Lost Galaxy was just boring. I don't think Gingaman would have helped.

Ultra Mega 11/11/16 11:14 PM

Galaxy was basically Gingamen in Space anyway.

Starlight Starbrite 11/12/16 07:23 PM

I wouldn't want to give up Lost Galaxy. It was a unique season that was one of the best.

Quantum Hunter 11/13/16 11:17 AM

Galaxy was a great season! There is no way that a striaght up Gingaman adaption would have been near as good.

Sentai Is Forever 11/13/16 11:19 AM

But Sentai is always better than American Sentai, so I fail to see how a Gingamen adaption wouldn't be way better than the American hack job that was Galaxy.