Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Power Rangers The Movie has its director (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6658)

PRangerX 04/10/15 09:37 PM

Power Rangers The Movie has its director

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/po...te-1201470539/

Sounds interesting. I wonder what his presentation was. Sounds like they were impressed.

Green Alien Ranger 04/10/15 09:38 PM

Re: Power Rangers The Movie has its director

I would feel better with a more experienced director but maybe he will surprise us.

Dayu's Tears 04/10/15 09:41 PM

Sometimes its better to have some one newer with fresh ideas.

No Green Spandex 04/10/15 11:28 PM

Just glad to see some news. This is the first big domino to fall.

Captain Codfish 04/10/15 11:30 PM

This guys sounds like he might be a good hire. Hard to tell until the movies comes out of course.

Gosei Gold 04/11/15 12:36 PM

Why does it have to be a mmpr movie? Why not do a Dino Charge Movie?

Lightspeed Omega 04/11/15 12:38 PM

I would like to see a Lightspeed Movie.

Lightspeed Zeo 04/11/15 12:39 PM

I'm greedy I want a Lightspeed and Zeo movie. lol

Starlight Starbrite 04/11/15 12:43 PM

Sign me up for a Space Movie. But lets get the MMPR movie right first. We don't want to put the cart before the horse. They have to make sure the new movie is successful first. MMPR is whats known to the general public. Not anything else.

PRangerX 04/11/15 12:54 PM

The new movie needs to be in its own universe. This is an attempt to create a blockbuster movie franchise to apeal to a gener audience. MMPR is what people think of when they think PR. The movie shouldn't be part of the tv pru. Let the movie franchise and the tv franchise be in separate continuity.

With all the talk of expanded universes since Marvel has done so well with its cinematic universe....It wouldn't surprise me to see PR to eventually try the same thing. There are plenty of ideas for separate Ranger team. PRIS would make a lot of sense since it could take place in outer Space and be its own thing. Plus the space thing would sell. A studio might go for that due to the success of Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

I do agree that they have to get the mmpr reboot going first. Rushing to do an expanded universe would be a mistake. We have seen Sony make that mistake with the spiderman movies. Establish the mmpr movie brand first. Its a risk to try and grow the brand too fast and water it down. Not like there already isnt an abundance of superhero movies.