Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Saban Brands loses rights to movie logo (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8134)

PRangerX 10/24/17 06:02 PM

Saban Brands loses rights to movie logo

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/171...ot-less-likely

Bonus Ranger 10/24/17 06:03 PM

Re: Saban Brands loses rights to movie logo

Oh no, so its confirmed a no go?

Goldar's Revenge 10/24/17 06:06 PM

Not necessarily but it's looking less likely to me. I think we would have heard something by now if it was greenlit for a sequel. The trademark for the logo doesn't mean anything since they could still renew it if they wanted. Of cljrse one could argue why they wpuld let it lapse of a sequel was still in their plans.

Captain Codfish 10/24/17 06:12 PM

Right the trademark issue alone wouldn't prevent a new movie. Its more the disappointing box office returns.

I do think they are making a mistake by not trying to make a sequel. The movie was a lot better than the mixed reviews and mediocre box office showed. I still think there is a lot of potential if it is better marketed. Plus good word of mouth from fans and audiences could get more people for the second one. They could produce a relatively cheap sequel.

I get that this is a bottom line business. But Power Rangers is still a strong brand name. And I think its worth another try. We know it can sell merchandise too.

PRangerX 10/24/17 06:17 PM

Yes those are a lot of my thoughts as well. Any reboot would still be using the PR brand name to sell the new movie anyway. And I really think the franchise has potential. Since the movie was good and got good scores from the people that saw the movie. The merchandise angle is big, like you mentioned.There are rare franchises that start slow and get a second chance, and make it work. I think PR could be one of them.

MMPR Forever 10/24/17 08:23 PM

i think they should forget about the last movies and make a new movie that is more true to MMPR.

SPD Emergency 10/24/17 08:24 PM

Bruce Kalish should write the next movie with Greg .They can finally use their Galaxy Quest SPD idea. Or do it with MMPR, using the old actors.

Guardian Ranger 10/24/17 08:25 PM

The movie was terrible and deserved to do bad. In another decade they will have a chance to do a much better job.

Spike Hart 10/24/17 08:49 PM

i stil am holding out hope for a sequel. Maybe they can improve in some of the areas people complained about.

Dic Dubber 10/24/17 08:50 PM

Just do a sequel that is more true to MMPR. Bring back Tony Oliver if you can.