Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What if Ryan was secretly a robot himself? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6880)

Zabitan 08/01/15 02:27 AM

What if Ryan was secretly a robot himself?

So for no real reason while watching VR Troopers as well as Metalder, Spielban, and Shaider I got thinking about the original idea of Cybertron, and the Metal Hero shows being their own shows.

Or at least Spielban, and Shaider as separate show from Metalder or the show just being more like the Metal Hero shows in general.

And I got thinking about there being a twist where Adam or Ryan gets injured or something, and they find out he has mechanical parts.

And Tyler admits that either the real Adam or Ryan died years ago, and Tyler put his mind into a robot or he was always a robot, and he was the prototype for the technology Grimlord stole to create the virtual mutants.

As for why Adam or Ryan, and their friends didn't know is that Tyler, and Tao had set up a thing where Tyler had a body for every time Ryan would age, and just downloaded him into a new body when it was appropriate.

What do you think would happen?

PRangerX 08/01/15 06:57 PM

Re: What if Ryan was secretly a robot himself?

An interesting twist. Not totally different from what happened with Mack. Except their was never an earlier Mack to make a robot duplicate of. I think Ryan would probably have been his own creation too, rather than a duplicate.

VR Master 08/01/15 06:58 PM

I like Ryan better as a human. The idea would work better as an original show. But I wouldn't want to mess with too much of VR Troopers anyway.

PrimoPiccolo 08/02/15 11:49 AM

I'd think Operation Overdrive totally ripped off VR Troopers. And more specifically, that VR Troopers ripped off Metalder.

Zabitan 08/02/15 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 55987)
An interesting twist. Not totally different from what happened with Mack. Except their was never an earlier Mack to make a robot duplicate of. I think Ryan would probably have been his own creation too, rather than a duplicate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 55997)
I'd think Operation Overdrive totally ripped off VR Troopers. And more specifically, that VR Troopers ripped off Metalder.

You know until I posted this I didn't think about how that was pretty much Mack from Operation Overdrive.

Then again didn't Sirstack post the Cybertron pilot around the time Operation Overdrive came out.

At the least I remember people comparing Mack to Metalder, and wishing that we got Cybertron instead of VR Troopers because they thought that VR Troopers ruined the Metal Hero shows, and Cybertron was pretty much just Metalder: The American version.

Then again wasn't Andros, and Astronema/Karone just a rip off of Ryan, and Dark Heart/Tyler, and Darkonda just a rip off of Knighttime?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 55988)
I like Ryan better as a human. The idea would work better as an original show. But I wouldn't want to mess with too much of VR Troopers anyway.

You're probably right about that it probably would work more for Cybertron then the VR Troopers we did get.

PRangerX 08/03/15 12:51 PM

I don't think the writers wrote the Mack storyline to copy VR Troopers. that was a long time ago . And were are all owned by Disney at the time. it had been years since Vr Trooopers anway.

I think the space plot was original enough from VR. Ryan didn't have a long lost sister that was one of the bad guys.

Zabitan 08/04/15 04:18 PM

True but I was talking to Primo who said that he thought Operation Overdrive would have been a rip off of VR Troopers if they revealed Ryan was secretly a robot.

That, and the thing is everything's a rip off.

Metalder ripped off Kikaider which is an attempt to redo Kamen Rider.

Gavan, Sharivan, Shaider, Juspion, and Spielban are pretty much Battlestar Galactica meets a live action Tekkaman the Space Knight.

If anything that's what always bugged me about people complaining that VR Troopers rips off Power Rangers, and that it ruins the Metal Hero shows.

MattEmily 10/14/15 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 55997)

that's a poor choice of wordage. All of those shows are owned or co-owned by Toei so they're not ripping anyone off because it's THEIR OWN CONTENT. Ripping someone off is basically something that's stealing in other words.

Also in regards to the topic at hand it's a nice idea for a separate show or for a new VR Troopers show or whatever but our Ryan character actually works a lot better as a human than he does as a robot.

Zabitan 10/16/15 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 56313)
Also in regards to the topic at hand it's a nice idea for a separate show or for a new VR Troopers show or whatever but our Ryan character actually works a lot better as a human than he does as a robot.

I see maybe that would work better.

UchuKeiji Kid 11/30/17 12:40 PM

It might have been interesting especially if they went with the Cyebrtron idea but I still like Metalder better.