Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How would you have handled JDF's hatius in DT (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9009)

Dino Guts 07/11/20 08:52 AM

How would you have handled JDF's hatius in DT

The episodes where he is stuck in morphed form drew a lot of criticism. They were done because JDF had it in his contract that he would have an extended break to go back stateside. They had him send in the ADR recordings through his cell phones. How would you have handled his absense?

Tommy Hater 07/11/20 08:53 AM

Re: How would you have handled JDF's hatius in DT

I wouldn't have brought Tommy back in the first place. Edward Payne or someone else would be Black Ranger..

White Spandex Rules 07/11/20 08:54 AM

I don't have a problem with how they handled it. There wasn't much more they could do with JDF being off set for so long. It was interesting having a Ranger that couldn't morph.

Adam White Tiger 07/11/20 08:56 AM

i would have had Adam be the mentor. I am sure they could have gotten Johnny to sign on. Adam was a former Black Ranger anyway.

Lothor Prime 07/11/20 12:12 PM

I would have had Edward Payne take over for ten episodes.

Dino Charge Megazord 07/11/20 12:15 PM

I would have had Zeltrax get destroyed and Tommy trapped in his old body ( brainwashed to serve Mesagog). When JDF returns , Tommy would be freed.

No Green Spandex 07/11/20 09:43 PM

I would have written the character off the season.

Dino Guts 07/11/20 09:44 PM

Like that was going to happen.

Decade Defender 07/11/20 09:45 PM

I sould have written out Tommy for those ten episodes and brought him back when JDF returned.

Miki1988 07/12/20 05:35 AM

Before Trent trapped Tommy in that amber, I would have Trent take that device and fuse it with the Drago Dino Gem. The evil energy from it would first connect to the Gem before Trent would even touch the device that enabled him to trap Tommy. So freeing Trent from the Gem's control would also free Tommy.
But he still would be unable to demorph, so Hayey would put him into a stasis chamber until a new power cource is found to fix the demorphing problem. Whcih would have lead to Conner and Trent (who would officially join the team by this point after a Trent-centric story arc) searching for the Sheild of Triumph.
That way, we could have 3 stories told in just 1 move:
- Conner finding his inner strength and increasing his confidence
- Trent making up for what he did to Tommy
- Tommy returning full time

As about where did the stasis chamber come from, I'd just have Hayley say to Tommy that Carter, Mrs. Fairweather and Wes & Jen say "Hi".