Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   A better origin for Lord Drakkon (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8977)

Ranger Black 06/27/20 11:41 AM

A better origin for Lord Drakkon

I think a better origin for Lord Drakkon would have been for him to have become evil do to absorbing the coin energy in Return Of A Old Friend. This could have caused him to become ultra powerful in that universe. But at the same time led to his corruption.

Zabitan 06/27/20 02:03 PM

Re: A better origin for Lord Drakkon

That would be cool.

I think for me I would have liked it if in Drakkon's universe Tommy wasn't under a spell, and chose to join Rita on his own.

Ranger Black 06/28/20 01:24 PM

He actually did afterwards. Drakkon didn't join the Rangers after the Sword of Darkness was destroyed. He ran away scared and went into hiding. RIta found him later and convinced him she was actually fighting for the greater good. He decided to join her willingly and wound up becoming currupt. I just wish there was a better reason. Since our Tommy would never have joined Rita even if he didn't join the team after the evil spell was broken.

Goldar's Revenge 06/28/20 03:35 PM

Thats the thing he wasn't our Tommy. He had charactor flaws Tommy Prime had. And for that matter no Tommy in the PRU. Thats one of the reasons why Drakkon hated his counterparts so much. Since deep down he knew he was the only one that completely fell to evil.

KimandTommy 06/28/20 03:37 PM

I don't think its possible for a Tommy to be evi. So I think the idea of Lord Drakkon is just upsurd.

Rangerlord 06/28/20 03:37 PM

I don't think the comics are in continuity.

No Green Spandex 06/28/20 03:38 PM

I think he should have went bad after becoming White Ranger. Sinces thats when TOmmy became absurdly overpowered.

Captain Logan Knows Best 06/28/20 04:51 PM

I think it would have been fitting if he went bad after combining the White and Green Powers. Perhaps, as some kind of attempt to defeat an evil threat. So basically his good intentions led into him becoming a tyrant in the end.

Zabitan 06/28/20 09:17 PM

I think for me I heard that in the Boom comics before Tommy Rita wanted Zack to be the Green Ranger, and tempted him but he refused.

Maybe if a similar thing happened with Tommy where in the main universe Rita only put the spell on Tommy because he refused but in Drakkon's universe he accepted.

Power Sentai 06/29/20 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 78581)
I think for me I heard that in the Boom comics before Tommy Rita wanted Zack to be the Green Ranger, and tempted him but he refused.

Maybe if a similar thing happened with Tommy where in the main universe Rita only put the spell on Tommy because he refused but in Drakkon's universe he accepted.

Wow I didn't know that. That is an interesting story. It makes Zordon's line about Rita finally finding someone for the Dragon Coin make sense.

I like your idea. SInce we no Drakkon is supposed to have character flaws the other Tommy's didn't have.

KimandTommy 06/29/20 11:52 AM

The only way to save Drakkon for me is if he was under an evil spell the whole time and the Rangers from all universes free him.

Green With Envy 06/29/20 11:54 AM

I would have had Coinless Tommy succeed in destroying the Rangers in Green With Evil. But after Rita takes over he becomes too powerful and overthrows Rita. The Coinless try to counter with the new White Ranger but Daggeron steals the power and combines it with his own. This frees him from Rita's spell but makes him insane. And this is where he overthrows Rita. In this version he murders Kimberly to show how far he has fallen. Kat is brainwashed to become Ranger Slayer.

Zabitan 06/29/20 02:59 PM

Damn that sounds pretty cool.

Green With Envy 06/29/20 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 78597)
Damn that sounds pretty cool.

Thanks, your idea was pretty good too.

Zabitan 06/29/20 08:24 PM

Thanks, and you're welcome.

Super Zeo Ranger 06/30/20 07:58 PM

I would rather Lord Drakkon have been a totally different character.

Lady Katastrophe 07/02/20 07:53 PM

Maybe Drakkon could have made Kat into Lady Katastrophe instead of Kim into Ranger Slayer.

KimandTommy 07/02/20 07:54 PM

I would have had Drakkon be a fake Tommy created by Katastrophe. That way he would't be a real Tommy and him being evil would make sense.

Zabitan 07/03/20 10:30 PM

My only thing with Drakkon is when I see trailers for Fan Films, and fan made video games were they make him the main villain.

Like I think he's a good villain I jut don't know if he should always be the villain of every story or video game that involves a ranger or a team of rangers traveling through time or different dimensions to fight some multi versal villain who wants to destroy every Ranger team in existence, and conquer the multi verse.

PRangerX 07/04/20 11:57 AM

I think people are just having fun with the character. EspecIally since we mainly see him only in the comics. And likely won't see him on the regular show. Never say never though.

PRMegaFan 07/04/20 12:17 PM

Tommy vs Drakkon would be cool to see on the main show.