Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Would Green Ranger have been as popular without the Shield? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9027)

Super Cena 07/27/20 06:44 PM

Would Green Ranger have been as popular without the Shield?

If Green Ranger had no shield...Would Tommy have been as popular?

Superstatler 07/27/20 06:45 PM

Re: Would Green Ranger have been as popular without the Shield?

Its sounds funny, but I am going to say no.One of the reasons why Tommy was so popular was that his suit stood out from the others.

Miki1988 07/28/20 07:37 AM

The Green Ranger was mostly known and mostly stood out because of the sheild. It also opened the doors for power-ups from future seasons in Power Rangers altogether. Both Jason and Zach got to use it on the show too.

Besides, they ended up adapting Kibaranger in MMPR S2 because the Dairanger suits were different than the Zyuranger ones and because it convenniently resembled the Zyuranger suit set.

So the answer's no. Green Ranger wouldn't be as popular as he was without the sheild.

Todd Oliver 07/28/20 11:30 AM

I think Tommy would have still became the star of the series. His character started out mysterious and got to save the day a lot. Plus you have JDF's charisma.

Tommy Hater 07/28/20 11:30 AM

At least then Tommy wouldn't be insanely powerful.

Green Spandex Supreme 07/28/20 11:31 AM

I think he still would have been a popular character. But probably not as much as he was.

Green Alien Ranger 07/28/20 11:33 AM

I don't think the shield mattered. He still would have been popular. Besides, he would still have had the Dragonzord and Dragon Dagger. Which were the real draws for Green Ranger.

White Spandex Rules 07/28/20 11:34 AM

Tommy would have stood out and the Green Ranger was still cool enough without the shield.

Green With Envy 07/28/20 11:35 AM

I always thought it was surreal in Green Candle when Tommy loses the shield before de-morphing entirely.

No Green Spandex 07/28/20 11:36 AM

I swear the Dragon Dagger was more popular with kids then the dragonzord or the shield.