Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The new Turbo Rangers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8923)

Time Arrow 05/30/20 10:58 AM

The new Turbo Rangers

It was bad enough that the old team left so quickly and out of nowhere...But why did they act like the new Turbos were always Rangers? Shouldn't they have made a big deal.about their first mission?

PRangerX 05/30/20 11:12 AM

Re: The new Turbo Rangers

I remember feeling how odd that was when the episode aired. I expected them to do an episode after Passing of the Torch that made a big deal about their first mission. But the next episode acted like they were experienced Rangers and long time friends. There was that one seen an episode or so later where they hastily went into a battle against Dimitria's warning.

Turbo Guy 05/30/20 04:14 PM

Its just because Turbo was a whacky season. And I mean that as a compliment.

Morphing Master 06/01/20 04:52 PM

I would have liked it if we got to see the Turbo Team's first day on the job.

Kat Manx 06/01/20 05:08 PM

Its too bad one of the previous Rangers couldn't have stayed in a supporting mentor type role. Someone like Adam would have worked. Similar to Billy in Zeo. Keep Adam for the rest of Turbo at least. We know he knew Carlos and Ashley already. He was already a mentor of sorts to Carlos.

Turbo Guy 06/01/20 05:10 PM

Probably because they already had Justin remaining. He was the most relateable Ranger in Turbo's first half anyway. Especially for the target demo. I know because I was in that demo at the time.

I don't mind the weird transition anyway. It just added to the wackiness of the season. And as I repeatedly say, I love whacky,

PRangerX 06/01/20 05:15 PM

Keeping Adam around would have been a good idea. I remember there being talk that at one point Adam and Tanya are staying. Adam would have become Red Ranger and leader of the team, with Justin Blue, Carlos as Green, and Ashley, as Pink. But after the production changes that was all scrapped. But keep in mind this could have been debunked. Behind the scenes rumors don't always hold up, Especially from so long ago.

I do wonder if Adam would have remained Green, because Carlos did wear Red in his first appearance in season 1. Even if the above is bs, it does seem like Carlos and Ashley were a part of the plans by that point.

Zeo Forever 06/01/20 06:01 PM

I still say they stood have done Zeo Season 2 rather then Turbo. This would have involved keeping the Zeo cast around. If they had to replace Steve, that would be one thing.

Power Red 06/02/20 04:39 PM

The best we got was when Dimitria gave them the Turbo Launcher and talked about them as new Rangers. Also the scene where they rush into a battle without a plan.

Piccolo Diamond 06/02/20 04:40 PM

They were already introduced in Pass of The Torch. That was enough. They were already briefed on their powers off screen.