Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Forever Red Should have had a third part (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8872)

KimandTommy 05/11/20 07:48 PM

Forever Red Should have had a third part

This part would have been its own story. It should have featured the wedding of Kim and Tommy Oliver

Wild Bore 05/11/20 08:03 PM

Re: Forever Red Should have had a third part

I don't think they were going to bring back Kimberly just to have her marry Tommy. Most of the young fans wouldn't know about their history. We are lucky Tommy and the other Reds were used.

Trooper Forever 05/11/20 08:17 PM

They should have had a third part but it should have been an extension of the other two parts. Not a new story.

Zabitan 05/11/20 08:39 PM

I thought Forever Red was just one part.

Still that would have been cool.

A Gia To Remember 05/12/20 02:04 PM

Can't believe no one caught that until now lol .

Alyssa's Sensei 05/12/20 02:18 PM

It should have been three parts. But I would have settled for two. Since what we got was a rushed mess.

Ryan's Revenge 05/12/20 05:35 PM

Forever Red felt like the third part of Reinforcements From The Future to me.

Dustin Dude 05/14/20 09:33 AM

Two or three parts would have given them time to explain the plotholes. Tommy and Kim wouldn't be married though.

Zordon's Legacy 05/16/20 09:18 AM

I really liked "Forever Red". I can understand why they didn't have time to explain how the Rangers all had their powers back. The focus was more on the story itself. I would have loved for a two or three parter...But the one part we got was fine.

Dino Blaze 05/16/20 09:36 AM

If they wanted to honor the show 's legacy...They should have brought back the surviving MMPR cast.

Inner Senshi 05/16/20 11:52 AM

It would have been cool o have a longer team up.

MMPR Mania 05/16/20 09:31 PM

I really wish Zedd and Rita were the main baddies. Or even just Rita, since Zedd was just okay ( better then most later villains though).

Goldar's Revenge 05/16/20 09:34 PM

There was more footage shot but asking them to do a two or three parter just wasn't going to happen. Amit had to fight just to get FR made as it is. The team up was never about explaining every plothole or the backstory of the Red Rangers since their seasons ended...It was a celebration of ten years of Power Rangers...And it accomplished that goal. This isn't even considering that they did the Time Force Team up too. Which also wasn't easy.

VR Master 05/16/20 09:59 PM

The team up was great as it was. Perhaps a two parter would have been even better. I think three would have been pushing it though.

Zabitan 05/16/20 11:47 PM

The only thing I would have changed off the top of my head is that I wish other villain groups besides just the Machine Empire were included.

At first I wanted them to have Master Vile, Prince Gasket, and Princess Archerina, and any surviving villains from Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force.

But the more I think about it I would be happy with just an unused Dairanger and/or Kakuranger monster, an unused Ohranger monster, an unused Carranger monster, an unused Megaranger monster, an unused Gingaman monster, an unused Gogov monster, and an unused Timeranger monster.

Cassie Zhane 05/17/20 09:29 AM

I liked the original idea of some weird evil faction trying to resurrect Dark Spector.

Massive Ego 05/18/20 09:45 PM

Forever Red waa great as is. Even with the Wild Rider finishing sequence. At leastyou can say it was powerful because Cole got it from a "god".

Gold Ranger In Danger 05/18/20 09:51 PM

A second part would have been cool. But it didn't have to have one to be good.

Jen's Revenge 05/18/20 09:59 PM

I would have rather had the Time Force team up have a third part.

Blastr Zack 05/19/20 10:19 AM

One part wasn't enough.

White Tiger Fan 05/19/20 02:51 PM

Amit did the best he could.

Omega Black 05/19/20 07:05 PM

i just wish they got to do the massive zord battle as originally planned. But budget issues were a big detriment.

Khan's Wrath 05/19/20 08:07 PM

I wish they used the Dark Spector resurrection idea.

Pink Alien Ranger 05/19/20 08:16 PM

I would have liked a special extended version.

Zabitan 05/21/20 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Black (Post 77256)
i just wish they got to do the massive zord battle as originally planned. But budget issues were a big detriment.

That would be cool.

All of this talk about Forever Red made me decide to watch that Gaoranger vs Super Sentai movie, and when I did it got me thinking about using Rakusha as monster for Forever Red.

Maybe Rakusha could be Wizard Org or something.

Blastr Zack 05/21/20 09:45 PM

That would have been a good way to get around budget issues.

Destiny Defeated 05/21/20 09:53 PM

I think Forever Red was a bright spot in an otherwise dull season. I think it was fine the way it was.

The Time Force team up was great too.

Smarty Pants Rose 05/21/20 10:07 PM

I can see why it would have been too expensive to do a two or three parter. I just wanted to know how Jason met the Silver Guardians?