Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8552)

Bandora's Ghost 01/25/18 05:22 PM

Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history?

Do you think Rita was originally intended to have a similar backstory to Bandora? I mean before season 2 and 3 gave us Zedd and Vile?

Captain Codfish 01/25/18 05:27 PM

Re: Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history?

I don't think she ever would have had as dark a history as Bandora. If they stuck with the Zyu3 footage, perhaps a toned down version of Bandora's backstory would have been used.

MattEmily 01/25/18 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandora's Ghost (Post 73267)
Do you think Rita was originally intended to have a similar backstory to Bandora? I mean before season 2 and 3 gave us Zedd and Vile?

probably not there were plans to use Kai but previous scripts that mentioned him just made him seem like a monster that looked human

Zabitan 01/25/18 08:31 PM

On the one hand I think that would be cool but on the other unless one of the writers or producers said it I doubt it.

Then again I also would have liked something similar to the Lionsgate movie.

KimandTommy 01/26/18 05:19 PM

I think Rita was originally just supposed to be an evil witch that wanted to rule the galaxy. I don't think she would have been a former Princess during the dinosuar era. And really wasn't supposed to be from Earth at all.

Lunarwolf Landing 01/26/18 05:20 PM

Its possible that they could have when that route. Wasn't Kai originally going to be included at some point?

MattEmily 01/26/18 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunarwolf Landing (Post 73287)
Its possible that they could have when that route. Wasn't Kai originally going to be included at some point?

yes but as I said scripts that mentioned him all treat him like a typical monster there's nothing to indicate that he would be her son in Power Rangers

A Gia To Remember 01/26/18 11:45 PM

Didn't Kai look like a kid though?

Inner Senshi 01/26/18 11:58 PM

I think Rita is her own character. Even if you are doing a backstory just based on season 1 Rita.

VR Master 01/27/18 12:06 AM

Kai would most definitely have been a monster or a minion. Rita wasn't going to have Bandora's complicated backstory. It didn't fit the story MMPR was trying to tell.

Bandora's Ghost 01/27/18 08:11 AM

I could have seen her having a similar backstory. But they probably would have left out Kai

Bonus Ranger 01/27/18 12:18 PM

I don't think that was ever the intent. They seemed to make Rita her own character.

Rita's Pita 01/27/18 12:26 PM

During seasom 1 I thought she was just some crazy alien witch that wanted to conquer all the planets she could. Which doesn't sound like Bandora.

Sailor Saban 01/28/18 01:42 PM

Saban preferred Rita to have her own backstory.Thats why so much of her backstory ended up being different from Bandora.

Tommy Hater 01/28/18 01:53 PM

It made sense to make her be different from Bandora. Herstatus as an Evil Space Alien shows that she was supposed to be different all along.

Captain Codfish 01/29/18 08:41 PM

No I think the plan was always to make her an original character. Even though her season 2 and 3 backstories weren't written yet.

Captain Mutiny 02/02/18 01:32 PM

I don't think the production staff even knew the answer to that question at the time. Since so much was done on the fly.

MattEmily 02/02/18 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 73293)
Didn't Kai look like a kid though?

yes he did but they didn't want him to have a family bond to Rita

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 73610)
I don't think the production staff even knew the answer to that question at the time. Since so much was done on the fly.

true but they did know what they didn't want.

Chaos Ranger 02/06/18 10:57 PM

Probably not. But I think her character would have been better if she had Bandora's origin.

Starlight Starbrite 02/11/18 01:40 PM

They are two tottally different characters.

Calamity Kimberly 02/11/18 01:59 PM

I think she was supposed to vaguely have a similar backstory. But it changed dramatically by the time she returned in season 2.

Fanboy Supreme 02/12/18 02:59 PM

I don't like Bandora so this would be unacceptable.

Bandora's Ghost 02/12/18 03:17 PM

There is nothing any of us could do about it. Season 2 and 3 ended givening her a new backstory anyway. This thread is just speculation on their original plans.

Goldar's Revenge 02/12/18 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandora's Ghost (Post 74208)
There is nothing any of us could do about it. Season 2 and 3 ended givening her a new backstory anyway. This thread is just speculation on their original plans.

There original plans invovled making this wierd witch lady work with overdubbing. And then coming up with a new villian in season 2. With plans changing for a US version of Rita and the major changes from Bandora commenced. Remember PR typically makes changes on the fly. Especially in the early seasons.