Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The future of Power Rangers on Nickelodeon? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8352)

Poweranimals 12/18/17 09:59 AM

The future of Power Rangers on Nickelodeon?

Do we know what's going on with this? Last I heard, Super Ninja Steel was the last season they're contracted for. Unless I missed something. I did a search but didn't see anything. Normally, we would've heard by now if they are extending the contract. With the full first season of Ninja Steel complete, I thught this would be a good time to address it. One has to wonder what Saban has planned.

Kaitlin Steele 12/18/17 10:45 AM

Re: The future of Power Rangers on Nickelodeon?

I wonder if PR will be on the move again?

MattEmily 12/18/17 10:50 AM

we probably won't know until the next announcement is made regarding the 2019 series we found out about their renewal with Nick before Saban revealing Dino Charge and we found out in January of last year that they had extended their contract with Nick for the run of Ninja Steel and Super Ninja Steel so we should be finding out soon.

PRangerX 12/18/17 10:51 AM

Unless someone wants to pay Saban Brands a boatload of money,I think their preference will be to stay with Nick. No one wants to change and create confusion. Nick is one of the stronger networks that they can be on. I am not sure of there is a better deal put there. And right now they have the best of both worlds. Since they have deals to stream past seasons on Netflix and the like.

A Gia To Remember 12/18/17 10:53 AM

I just hope the show isn't cancelled again.

MattEmily 12/18/17 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70635)
Unless someone wants to pay Saban Brands a boatload of money,I think their preference will be to stay with Nick. No one wants to change and create confusion. Nick is one of the stronger networks that they can be on. I am not sure of there is a better deal put there. And right now they have the best of both worlds. Since they have deals to stream past seasons on Netflix and the like.

that's true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 70636)
I just hope the show isn't cancellee again.

don't worry it won't be if Nick doesn't want it then I'm sure they have backup plans.

Captain Codfish 12/18/17 10:59 AM

I expect the deal to be quietly renewed by the time the post Ninja Steele plans are announced.

Sentai Is Forever 12/18/17 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 70636)
I just hope the show isn't cancelled again.

It would be a good opertunity for Saban Brands to make dubbed Super Sentai replace American Sentai once and for all.

Power Rangers Forever 12/18/17 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70640)
It would be a good opertunity for Saban Brands to make dubbed Super Sentai replace American Sentai once and for all.

That wouldn't happen! We would still see subbed Sentai on DVD but it wouldn't replace PR. The brand would remain dormant until its brought back again. Amd thats of Saban Brands failed to find it a new home if Nick cancelled them.

MattEmily 12/18/17 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70640)

that's never going to happen with or without Power Rangers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob (Post 70641)
That wouldn't happen! We would still see subbed Sentai on DVD but it wouldn't replace PR. The brand would remain dormant until its brought back again. Amd thats of Saban Brands failed to find it a new home if Nick cancelled them.

I agree it won't happen the best Sentai fans will get are the subbed releases they're getting from Shout! Factory so if they want to support Sentai in the U.S. then you better pony up and start putting your money where your mouth is and spend on the subbed releases. Can't do it? then you're not a true fan and you just want something handed to you for basically free.

I agree Sentai will never replace Power Rangers since Power Rangers will never go away if Nickelodeon chooses to not renew its contact or vice-versa then there'd be other avenues that Saban could go to.

Sentai Is Forever 12/18/17 11:16 AM

Yes I encourage all Sentai Snobs and fans to buy these releases. Just stay away from buying the American Sentai DVDs like the plague.

Astro Omega 12/18/17 11:17 AM

I could see them producing dubbed Sentai for DVD but not to replace Power Rangers.

MattEmily 12/18/17 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70646)
Yes I encourage all Sentai Snobs and fans to buy these releases. Just stay away from buying the American Sentai DVDs like the plague.

that's bad business and being a bad person and a bad sport I get you hate Power Rangers but supporting it is just as valuable as supporting the Sentai subs are if you support one but not the other or vice-versa then they're going to cut off support for both DVD releases believing there's no market to be made for them and if they do that your dream of a dubbed Sentai will be forever dead with no chance of a miracle potion to resurrect it

Zeo Power 12/18/17 12:40 PM

I just wish Nick would devote more time to Zeo. I can't remember the last time they aired it on any of their channels.

Goldar's Revenge 12/18/17 12:55 PM

Nickelodeon is good for Power Rangers. Moving to another station will just bring up more issues from whatever their input would be. But I can't see PR finding a better landing spot than Nick.

Power Rangers is not stkpping Dubbed Sentai from being produced. If it weren't for PR,we wouldn't have subbed Sentai in the west. If I was just a Sentai Fan, I would absolutely want PR to do well. It only helps Super Sentai. Not to mention the fact that Toei uses the money they get from leasing PR to go towards Sentai 's prodiction budget. PR being cancelled for good would not help Sentai at all. It would hurt its exposure.

Ninja Ranger 12/18/17 01:12 PM

It doesn't matter to me , as long as the show has a good home. It wouldn't surprise me if the series moved again. Since it has done so more than once. Heck, it could easily be sold again at some point.

MattEmily 12/18/17 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo Power (Post 70659)
I just wish Nick would devote more time to Zeo. I can't remember the last time they aired it on any of their channels.

I don't recall them ever airing Zeo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 70664)
Nickelodeon is good for Power Rangers. Moving to another station will just bring up more issues from whatever their input would be. But I can't see PR finding a better landing spot than Nick.

Power Rangers is not stkpping Dubbed Sentai from being produced. If it weren't for PR,we wouldn't have subbed Sentai in the west. If I was just a Sentai Fan, I would absolutely want PR to do well. It only helps Super Sentai. Not to mention the fact that Toei uses the money they get from leasing PR to go towards Sentai 's prodiction budget. PR being cancelled for good would not help Sentai at all. It would hurt its exposure.

unless they went to Netflix since they don't give input they just give the order, give however much money they're comfortable with for the content and that's the extent of that.

Saban is the one who is stopping dubbed Sentai since from a business standpoint he doesn't see it as being profitable. Tzachor tried going with the rumored idea of dubbing Shinkenger as Power Rangers Samurai but Saban nixed the idea.

Saban was the one who gave the approval for the subbed Sentai releases no one could release Sentai in the U.S. and Canadian market without his approval since he holds the American rights to Sentai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Ranger (Post 70667)
It doesn't matter to me , as long as the show has a good home. It wouldn't surprise me if the series moved again. Since it has done so more than once. Heck, it could easily be sold again at some point.

It's not going to be sold. Saban regretted that the first time.

Ninja Ranger 12/18/17 01:44 PM

Never say never. I didn't mean anytime soon. But there is nothing saying the franchise will never be sold ever again. What happens when Saban isn't around anymore? Which hopefully won't be for a very long time. But the point is we can't say there won't come a day when it is sold. I don't expect it anytime soon either though.

Where's Waldo 12/18/17 06:51 PM

I have no problem with Nick

Massive Ego 12/18/17 06:53 PM

wrong thread.

A Gia To Remember 12/18/17 07:14 PM

Nickelodeon has been pretyy good to the series anyway.

Bridge's Brigade 12/19/17 11:32 PM

I really don't see Disney picking the show up. They could have negotiated a deal with Saban when they sold it and didn't seem to be interested.

Chaos Ranger 12/19/17 11:33 PM

I see both parties wanting to continue to work with each other. A new deal should be worked out.

Dino Blaze 12/20/17 07:37 PM

I'd like to see them go back to Fox, so Saban can bring back Fox Kids.

MattEmily 12/20/17 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Blaze (Post 70889)
I'd like to see them go back to Fox, so Saban can bring back Fox Kids.

that won't be happening. Fox Kids is dead. Fox affiliates are more interested with filling those slots with their own junk

No Green Spandex 12/20/17 08:40 PM

The likely scenario is Nick remaining PR's home for at least a few more years if not much longer.

Captain Codfish 12/20/17 10:22 PM

The arrangement really doesn't seem that bad for either party. Saban Brands neees a good outlet for PR, and Nick is a strong network. Whose to say the next network will even let them go back to 32 episodes a year?

Cassie Zhane 12/23/17 12:12 AM

They will remain on Nick I think.

Sentai Snob 12/24/17 10:00 AM

Nick should demand Saban dub Super Sentai from now on. The kids will like it much better. And its better for them.

Disney Ranger 12/24/17 10:02 AM

I don't know guys. Disney is on a buying spree and wants their own netflix. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy Power Rangers for their network and future streaming service.

Sailor Saban 12/24/17 10:04 AM

Saban should just start his own network and streaming service. Its time for Saban Brands to grow and take on companies like Disney.

Miki1988 12/24/17 10:05 AM

Nick damands Saban to dub Super Sentai.
Saban sends them to go to hell by finding another way to make PR and still make money from it.
Nick sees Saban's success and they make up since he ends up upgrading the season supering to season ultraing, leaving him with even more money before going back to Nick.

(Unless some other network steps in and offers a deal to Saban that he can't refuse, which is why PR leaving Nick is mission impossible for Saban.)

Calamity Kimberly 12/24/17 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 71106)
Nick damands Saban to dub Super Sentai.
Saban sends them to go to hell by finding another way to make PR and still make money from it.
Nick sees Saban's success and they make up.

(Unless some other network steps in and offers a deal to Saban that he can't refuse, which is why PR leaving Nick is mission impossible for Saban.)

Agreed, if Nick wanted dubbed Sentai they would be crazy. I can't see them wanting that. If anything Toei and Saban would work together to get it on netflix or something. It would not be at the expense of Power Rangers.

Blank Ranger 12/24/17 10:11 AM

Sentai and Power Rangers have co-existed for years. There is no reason why they can't both be available to the west like they are now.

MattEmily 12/24/17 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Snob (Post 71103)
Nick should demand Saban dub Super Sentai from now on. The kids will like it much better. And its better for them.

they can't demand anything like that since I'm sure there are conditions on both sides that each one must follow or they'd be in violation of their legal contract

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 71104)
I don't know guys. Disney is on a buying spree and wants their own netflix. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy Power Rangers for their network and future streaming service.

doesn't matter Saban isn't selling the show but at some point they might try to shop the broadcasting rights but Disney doesn't like to broadcast stuff unless they have full control of it and its content. Out of its current programming that airs on any of the Disney networks they have control over all of their shows since they're the ones who own them all except for Pokemon and in the case of Pokemon their Disney XD network is free to edit out anything.

Blank Ranger 12/24/17 10:21 AM

To be fair I think he was talking about when the Nick deal is up. Not that Saban would do that.

Super Rad 12/24/17 05:24 PM

I wish Saban would sell them to someone willing to make the show actually good again. Perhaps Lionsgate? I don't think just changing networks will make the show better.

Ransik Lives 12/24/17 06:15 PM

Perhaps Power Rangers should move to Nick at Nite so it coule be written for a veneral audience without totally alienating the kids.

Ginger Snap 12/26/17 12:54 PM

I didn't even realize the deal was close to being up.

MattEmily 12/26/17 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransik Lives (Post 71137)
Perhaps Power Rangers should move to Nick at Nite so it coule be written for a veneral audience without totally alienating the kids.

that wouldn't work since a lot of kids go to bed before Nick at Nite even starts so that move would in fact actually alienate kids.