Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Mailgore as powerful as Dark Spector? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7460)

Space Nerd 10/29/16 12:19 PM

Was Mailgore as powerful as Dark Spector?

Do you guys think Mailgore was as powerful Dark Specter?

Captain Codfish 10/29/16 12:21 PM

Re: Was Mailgore as powerful as Dark Spector?

No, the Rangers defeated him too easily in the Turbo Movie. Perhaps Divatox overestimated his power.

VR Master 10/29/16 12:22 PM

How do you know Maligore had reached his full power before the Rangers destroyed him?

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 10/29/16 12:23 PM

Most of Mailgore's power was probably sapped during his first defeat.

Destiny Defeated 10/29/16 12:26 PM

I think Mailgore was as powerful as Specter at his height. And would have again if he had been allowed to escape. This is why Divatox wanted to marry him. He was the one guy that could take out Specter.

Maligore 10/29/16 12:28 PM

Too bad Saban was too cheap to make Specter a new costume.

Viva La Divatox 10/29/16 12:28 PM

Divatox would be the only villain crazy enough to think she could control Maligore.

Massive Ego 10/29/16 12:30 PM

It was pretty lame that Mailgore was supposed to be all powerful and got taken out by the Turbo Megazord of all things.

KimandTommy 10/31/16 09:17 PM

I think Mailgore was probably Dark Specter's older brother.

PRangerX 10/31/16 09:46 PM

I had a theory 15 years ago where Mailgore was the leader of the UAE before Specter.

White Tiger Fan 10/31/16 10:38 PM

They were completely unrelated. They just used the same props. Just like the Machine Generals and the Beatleborgs.

Destiny Defeated 10/31/16 10:40 PM

We know Specter is a shape shiftier. He could have taken Mailgore's form in the beginning to use fear to dominate the UAE. And over time he absorbed enough power to become a threat in his own right. He seemed much more powerful than Mailgore in PRIS.

Usagi Reborn 10/31/16 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 59145)
No, the Rangers defeated him too easily in the Turbo Movie. Perhaps Divatox overestimated his power.

He needed time to power up. Maligore just woke up and was probably delirious. If he escaped he would have become a much worse threat.

Sentai Is Forever 10/31/16 10:42 PM

Specter should have been the big baddie in Carranger, that they used for Goldgoyle.

Yellow Fan Forever 11/03/16 11:39 PM

Dark Spector was more powerful.

PRangerX 11/07/16 09:26 PM

I used to think they were from the same race. But now I wonder if Specter used his shape shifting power to take his form to instill fear that he was as strong. Specter probably drained many others before Zordon to become very powerful himself. He probably was more powerful than Maligore by Space.

Jason Chan Fan 11/10/16 12:09 PM

It was beyond strange that they used the same suit for two different characters.

Maligore 11/10/16 12:11 PM

Saban is so cheap !

MattEmily 11/10/16 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Chan Fan (Post 59854)
It was beyond strange that they used the same suit for two different characters.

they were planning on using another suit for Dark Specter but it would've been the one that we knew as Goldgoyle. Personally I think it was a better move to go with the Maligore suit.

Captain Codfish 11/10/16 05:55 PM

Thats what I was going to say. Gardgoyle's suit just wouldn't have worked.

Smarty Pants Rose 11/10/16 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 59404)
I had a theory 15 years ago where Mailgore was the leader of the UAE before Specter.

Mailgore was just a powerful monster. I don't think he was related to Specter at all.

MattEmily 11/10/16 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Nerd (Post 59144)
Do you guys think Mailgore was as powerful Dark Specter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 59145)

no I don't yes one could argue that Maligore's powers weren't elevated yet but regardless I still don't think he was as powerful as Dark Specter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 59414)
Specter should have been the big baddie in Carranger, that they used for Goldgoyle.

no. what was done was fine. Goldgoyle wouldn't have fit what Dark Specter was supposed to be and if you're saying that they should've replaced Goldgoyle's suit with the Maligore suit for the final monster fight in Turbo then no. We wouldn't have gotten such awesome zord footage if they did that since all they had for zord suits for Turbo was the Turbo Megazord.

Turbo Guy 11/10/16 07:10 PM

Having Maligore revived to face the Turbos woukd have made a lot of sense

MattEmily 11/10/16 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Guy (Post 59865)
Having Maligore revived to face the Turbos woukd have made a lot of sense

I don't think they wanted to do something like that back then since some seasons villains don't revive monsters since they don't know how.

It worked with Finster since he made them from clay molds and it worked with Zedd since he made his own monsters through magic.

It worked with the Machine Empire since they were machines.

Maligore 11/10/16 07:15 PM

I do give Saban Brands credit for using the Maligore suit instead of Goldgoyle. I'm surprised they didn't to be cheap. But I guess thry already had it with the movie.

Starlight Starbrite 11/12/16 07:19 PM

Dark Spector was more powerful. I do think they were the same race though.

Quantum Hunter 11/13/16 11:27 AM

I'm gonna go with the theory that Maligore needed more time to recharge and would have been as powerful as Specter if he wasn't destroyed. I also think they were part of the same species. Probably the last of.

Doomsday 11/13/16 11:31 AM

Not even close. Mailgore was just a super powerful monster. Specter was an intergalactic overlord. Specter was much more powerful. As a shape shifter he could take whatever form he wanted.