Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   No new episode this week (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6638)

PRangerX 03/28/15 08:09 AM

No new episode this week

Due to the Kids choice awards there is no new episode of Dino Charge this week. Next week their is a new episode but its the last before the summer hatius.According to Burgandy Ranger at PROAC

Usagi Reborn 03/28/15 08:11 AM

Re: No new episode this week

No!!!! That means we have to wait for the Gold Ranger. Why can't they just air the eps through the summer like Disney.Thats the one thing I miss about the mouse.

MattEmily 03/28/15 08:32 AM

because there's only 20 episodes to air so it'd be a longer hiatus that way... if they only skipped KCA Day and aired all of the first half without stopping the rest of the way then we'd be done in June and they would only have the Holiday specials left for October and December and then we wouldn't get the second half until February of next year.

Superstatler 03/28/15 12:27 PM

I don't know why they don't just do it all in one season instead of this 20 episode crap. It takes forever!

Spike Hart 03/28/15 12:31 PM

Damn! Was looking foward to today's episode. Can't believe the first half of dino charge is half over.

PRangerX 03/28/15 12:34 PM

It isn't as bad for me because I am still catching up on Super Samurai through Super Megaforce. Been watching DC though. A few episodes behind right now but plenty of time to catch up. Plus I have work on PRO and PRN to catch up on.

MattEmily 03/28/15 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstatler (Post 53942)
I don't know why they don't just do it all in one season instead of this 20 episode crap. It takes forever!

yea I hate it too but that's how Nickelodeon does things even with their big time shows like SpongeBob and Fairly OddParents. House of Anubis was the only one that avoided it but that was likely a special case. Power Rangers isn't going to get special treatment especially over their beloved shows.

Cassie Zhane 03/28/15 10:22 PM

Maybe Saban Brands will move PR to another network so they can go back to 40 episode seasons. Surely there are good networks out there. Maybe they can move to Cartoon Network. That is a network that can rival Nick and use PR to build a new afternoon block. Kinda like an live action toonami.

MattEmily 03/28/15 10:47 PM

don't bet on it. Nickelodeon is the only good channel that will air Power Rangers. Digital cable ones aren't really the best option since not every household has them.

I can't see Cartoon Network even wanting Power Rangers now considering their live action shows have tanked.

Pink DinoCharge Ranger 03/28/15 10:51 PM

oh it was originally suppose to move from Nick to CW back when Samurai was ending and it going into MegaForce but that changed.

Spike Hart 03/30/15 03:14 PM

Probably for the best since Vortex Block ended.

MattEmily 03/30/15 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Hart (Post 53969)
Probably for the best since Vortex Block ended.

indeed but I actually hadn't heard of that so how true it is who exactly knows. I'm sure they were probably on having reruns over there at some point but maybe the contract prevented that... anyway it's been confirmed that this Saturday's new episode will be the last one for awhile.

Lord Vrak 03/31/15 01:35 PM

I wish Power Rangers would move back to Fox and bring back Fox Kids. Saban could diffinitly make it work.

Doctor Dana 03/31/15 01:39 PM

I think Nick is actually a great partner for PR. Since its a powerful network and gives the brand more exposure. You don't want to keep jumping networks and there isn't really any deals out there. It would be nice to have 40 episodes a year. But at least this year the brand isn't over exposed either.

MattEmily 03/31/15 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Vrak (Post 53991)
I wish Power Rangers would move back to Fox and bring back Fox Kids. Saban could diffinitly make it work.

too bad it won't happen since Fox's affiliates a lot of them didn't want a kids block which is eventually why their kids block went into the Abyss.

PRangerX 03/31/15 04:19 PM

Network kid blocks on saturday morning are the exception these days. For the most part those days are over. These days its all cable networks and probably heading towards streaming services in some cases. As lomg as PR has a good partner I think its fine. Nicm is for the most part a good partner.

Captain Codfish 03/31/15 04:21 PM

Saban was smart not to go with the hub. Since that station only lasted a few years before going back to Discovery's full control.

MattEmily 03/31/15 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 53995)
Saban was smart not to go with the hub. Since that station only lasted a few years before going back to Discovery's full control.

I'm sure The Hub would've been a good option but it would've been a conflict of interest since Hasbro was the owner of it and currently is a part owner of it with still supplying some Hub programming for Discovery Family.

The Hub needed people who knew what they were doing in regards to the schedule its problem was having mostly bad programs.

Captain Codfish 03/31/15 10:51 PM

But the hub didn't last so PR would have needed a new home anyway. Nick was the better choice.

MattEmily 04/01/15 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 54012)
But the hub didn't last so PR would have needed a new home anyway. Nick was the better choice.

maybe maybe not since while The Hub didn't last as a full channel it's still there as a small block on Discovery Family but yea Nick was the better choice despite how much we all hate how they air the show... anyway I have just discovered that Dino Charge won't return with new episodes until October 17, 2015.

MattEmily 04/03/15 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 5402)
anyway I have just discovered that Dino Charge won't return with new episodes until October 17, 2015.

in case no one caught this this information was also an April Fools' Day joke.

PRangerX 04/03/15 12:25 PM

i oriiginally thought you were serious lol

Massive Ego 04/03/15 12:26 PM

Damn you had my hopes up. Can't wait for more medicore pr.

MattEmily 04/03/15 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 54059)
i oriiginally thought you were serious lol

LOL whole point of the joke LOL. April Fools' Day is such an awesome day.

Zarius 04/06/15 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 54060)
Can't wait for more medicore pr.

You could always stop watching it like any sane adult

No Green Spandex 04/06/15 10:03 PM

But then he would actually have to be rational. And judging by his posts he isn't, at least when it comes to Power Rangers Message Boards.

MattEmily 04/07/15 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 54098)
But then he would actually have to be rational. And judging by his posts he isn't, at least when it comes to Power Rangers Message Boards.

exactly. Massive Ego not watching Power Rangers would be a smart, wise and rational decision something that I don't think he's capable of in regards to any film production.