Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Saban Brands loses rights to movie logo (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8134)

PRangerX 10/28/17 10:42 PM

Re: Saban Brands loses rights to movie logo

I think it was a good idea to use the old names. The idea of using MMPR made the most sense for the general public. Plus there is plenty fresh ground they can cover in a movie setting. I agree the designs were the weaker parts of the movie. The story and characterizations in the film really won me over though. I thought it was a good modern day retelling of the series. That just didn't go over as well as was hoped. I think the promotion could have been a lot better.

MattEmily 10/28/17 10:47 PM

using MMPR wasn't the problem the fact was that it was a reboot. It's 1 thing if they wanted to keep the same first names but the last names didn't match since they didn't fit with the actors.

I thought the promotion was good a bit too good in my opinion they just picked a horrible time to release it since it was competing against Beauty and the Beast which was automatically going to doom it.

Bansheera's Revenge 10/29/17 08:13 PM

If a sequel is in the works, they won't let this stop them.

Mesagog Lives 10/30/17 02:05 PM

The movie was good. At least we will have that to watch forever.

Changeman Returns 10/30/17 03:50 PM

Perhaps they can get Toei to make movies they can release as American Sentai.

MattEmily 10/30/17 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Fanatic (Post 68252)
Perhaps they can get Toei to make movies they can release as American Sentai.

if Power Rangers movies end up failing in which they have a market then there's zero chance of that working and being successful