Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Power Rangers Jungle Fury: Episode Titles, Promos and Airings (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2593)

PrimoPiccolo 05/21/08 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals
Which to me makes no sense given what we've actually seen, but they seem stuck on this whole "Red Ranger is the leader" nonsense. I liked how Overdrive never named Mack the leader of the team, because there really wasn't that dynamic.

Agreed, it's been completely psycho since Disney took the helm. Instead of looking for the team's strongest link, they just pick the guy with the red morpher. Taylor was overthrown by Cole for no apparent reason other than destiny, but I got over it since Cole was actually a great leader. I even let Jack slide, because he was all part of Cruger's plan to teach Sky respect. But Nick was completely unforgivable in a leadership role, right down to the finale.

Lily was the easy choice for leader this year. She knows more about Pai Zhuq than Casey, and she's not bipolar like Theo. >__>

Poweranimals 05/21/08 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31198)
Agreed, it's been completely psycho since Disney took the helm.

So we're supposed to ignore NS and DT? They handled it well. And LG? While not a Disney season, falls into the category of "Red Ranger is the leader cause he's wearing red." And then, Time Force kind of ignored Jen being the leader towards the end of the series in favor of the guy in red.

I don't think Mystic Force was that big of a deal because they were all ordinary teens in the beginning so they were pretty much on the same level. Despite disagreeing with Nick's judgement in the finale, I do really think he had a good leadership presence and it was destiny so I can accept that.

PrimoPiccolo 05/21/08 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals
So we're supposed to ignore NS and DT? They handled it well.

NS and DT are also examples of everyone being on equal footing. I only mentioned Cole, Jack and Nick because they all came along later than their peers, something which hardly occured until Time Force. And you pretty much make my point with that season, in that Jen was looked to for guidance until the team took note of someone else just as capable of leading them.

As far as Lost Galaxy's concerned, I don't remember anyone appointing Leo the leader, he just kind of walked into it. He wanted to do Mike proud, and he had a hand in a majority of the storylines even when they weren't specifically about him. He was a Ranger's Ranger.

DarkBlaze 05/26/08 11:35 AM

Quote:

PRJF Episode 1619 - "Path of the Rhino"
Writer: Nico Manley (Mainly Once)
Dominic was sent out by Master Mao to find purpose for his life. He finds out that RJ and the others are really Power Rangers and he wants to join them. He now knows that this is his purpose in life. Casey is dubious but Dominic proves he has the spirit of the Rhino. Dominic becomes the Rhino Ranger.
^From the Ky guy. But... something doesn't sound quite right about the episode description. Perhaps the episode itself will be more fitting.

PrimoPiccolo 05/26/08 02:58 PM

Why wouldn't Casey trust Dominic? He's friends with RJ, and RJ knows everything.

Knightfall 05/27/08 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 31198)
Lily was the easy choice for leader this year. She knows more about Pai Zhuq than Casey, and she's not bipolar like Theo. >__>

Yet Lily's way too passive to be a leader.

The core three rangers have sucked this year.

This is the first time in PR history where the secondary characters are 100x better than the core rangers.

orangefury 05/27/08 03:00 PM

By mulitple ep descriptions, and from the fact that RJ is a master.
Whats with him having trouble being in control from his animal spirit?
I can see once, but over and over again...

PrimoPiccolo 05/27/08 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangefury
By mulitple ep descriptions, and from the fact that RJ is a master.
Whats with him having trouble being in control from his animal spirit?

Dai Shi screwed it all up. It's obviously not going to be easy to fix.

orangefury 05/27/08 04:07 PM

*shakes fist as Dai Shi*
but im sure RJ can handle it

DarkBlaze 05/29/08 08:33 PM

Here's some pictures by Jason: http://www.jasonsmithonline.net/gall...s.php?album=26

AND:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/708...rangersbb5.jpg

Here's the best I could for for a resize:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...rangersbb5.jpg