Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Does Saban know about Eddie? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8385)

Captain Mutiny 12/20/17 10:49 PM

Re: Does Saban know about Eddie?

Saban Brands wasn't interested in continuing RPM or doing more seasons with its tone.

Gosei Gold 12/21/17 05:26 PM

RPM's behind the scenes issues coule have been a show in itself.

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 07:19 PM

Disney should have just kept Tzachor around from the beginning

MattEmily 12/21/17 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 70997)
Disney should have just kept Tzachor around from the beginning

they weren't even planning on Power Rangers being around.
Wild Force was supposed to be the last season so MMPR Productions disbanded.
Doug was the one who persuaded Disney to keep it going by cutting costs by having it be non-union and moving the production to New Zealand if it wasn't for Doug then Power Rangers would've went years before we ever saw a new season.

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 07:46 PM

Doug could have been the story editor. I think he needed a great mind like Tzachor to oversee him. They could have been a great team. I bet Tzachor could teach Sloan a lot like he taught Lynn.

MattEmily 12/21/17 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 71003)
Doug could have been the story editor. I think he needed a great mind like Tzachor to oversee him. They could have been a great team. I bet Tzachor could teach Sloan a lot like he taught Lynn.

Doug was the one who persuaded his then-bosses to keep the show going so it was only fair that he was given the mantle of Executive Producer plus I doubt Disney was going to hire Tzachor back anyway. Previous cast members don't always speak kindly of him.

Goldar's Revenge 12/21/17 08:20 PM

Doug was more than capable of being his own boss and I don't think his working relationship with Tzachor ending well the first time.

Power Rangers was already cancelled. Doug had a relationship with Disney and worked with Ann Austin to pitch how Disney could continue the show. MMPR Productions was already gone. We can thank our lucky stars Doug and Ann saved the show.

No Green Spandex 12/22/17 05:15 PM

Chip Lynn is more than qualified to run Power Rangers.

Eddie's run was a failiure business wise. And because of that he never even got to finish his vision anyway. Chip could easily do what Eddie did if they wanted him too. But he wouldn't fall behind on scripts.

Bridge's Brigade 12/22/17 05:20 PM

It made sense for Saban Brands to bring in its own people. Plus the crew with Disney already finished up with RPM.So they were restarting things.

Movie Ranger 12/22/17 05:27 PM

I like Chip. But I'd love to see Dean Israelite get a shot at the series someday.

edit:thanks Matt